Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Oh, This Ugly Thing


I often feel bad for neglected and discarded clothing that I find while I thrift as I see the beauty and craftsmanship in clothing from bygone eras. I saw this sweater and found it to be quite pretty with all the knit details and loved how soft and warm the sweater felt, so it came home with me. 


I tried the sweater on with several things and in several combos and found it paired well with another questionable piece in my closet, this animal print dress. I have to admit collecting clothing for my closet in the 'I feel bad for it' is not the most ideal mindset, but I like to wear quirky things that make my creative style juices flow....and I like to be warm.


There have been some other interesting sweaters that have made their way into my winter wardrobe, so I'm discovering that another person's ugly sweater is my solution to staying warm. Haha!!!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

14 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! Forever a battle between wanting to be stylish and be warm at the same time, seeing as stylish warmth just isn't warm enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to wrap myself up like a burrito all winter!!! Heheehe!

      Delete
  2. Great sweater! I'm searching for the perfect black cable knit sweater and I've yet to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keep looking, cable knit is soooo warm :)

      Delete
  3. I really like how you have your makeup in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Questionable piece + questionable piece = positively cool outfit. ;) You are so good at putting together ensembles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these types of sweaters for winter! They're so comfortable and suitable for work! <3

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks really good, and I love your hair! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My hair got some much needed color after these photos!

      Delete
  7. I think the dress looks great as a skirt with something over top of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree. I've been re-discovering layering pull-over sweaters over dresses. It's warm and creates more outfit options. I swear, getting my clothing organized has opened my creative juices!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^