Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, August 1, 2014

Onyx Crystal and a Haircut


Simple outfit for this particularly cool summer we've been having. Drapey lightweight sweater over a lace skater dress with my cross leggings and creepers. I'm also sporting a new haircut.


In a panic last week I contacted my hairstylist Lauren and asked her if she had any appointments available, I basically needed her to tell me to NOT shave my hair. Hahahaha! Not that shaving my own hair is foreign to me, it's just that I needed to be told not to be impulsive. I did have her cut a lot of my hair off including the side that had grown out, so it's been a little of a struggle getting used to styling the shorter cut. Poor Lauren, she's a trooper dealing with my crazy hair obsessed self and she does an awesome job! Another plus about getting the cut is that the rest of the damaged hair (from when I bleached from black to red) is now all gone and I have nice healthy hair once again. What will I do next? Who knows!


I've been also enjoying this onyx crystal point necklace, because I love onyx and it helps to absorb other's negativity and assists in releasing your own negative emotions. Whether you believe in the healing power of stones, it's just a beautifully simple piece to wear. 


I'm looking forward to the weekend, yet I can't believe it's August already!

Thank you for reading.
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

13 comments:

  1. Kudos on your new hair. It's very cute.
    Oh that lovely crystal stands out nicely!
    I wish my summer was nice enough to wear layers or at least to go out side with out melting XD

    Happy August! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit! Hehhee ;) It's been a hard cruel winter followed by a very odd, rainy and cool summer. Mother Nature, please make up your mind!

      Delete
  2. I really like this look on you! The cardigan is very nice, drapey is always good ;) I think I need to invest in an onyx crystal like this, I am always affected by other's negative emotions, I just can't be around it it brings me down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is a pretty standard look for me, hehehe :)
      I am exactly the same why, I am very sensitive to sensing people's emotions and their negativity drains me.

      Delete
  3. I'm right on the verge of shaving my head, too. It's just too warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haircut!! I am ALWAYS thinking about cutting my hair. I really like that onyx crystal a lot. Where did u get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I got it from www.etsy.com/shop/QueenofJackals I don't see my necklace, but she has other lovely things :)

      Delete
  5. That hear cut looks great! The color too is really showing its best with classy all black outfit and simple necklace. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like simple, I like simple mixed with bold prints as my hair already makes a statement. LOL!

      Delete
  6. The onyx crystal is beautiful and its properties sound very useful!

    I really like the pointy ends of the bottom of the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice outfit :). I am looking for ideas to wear my leggins and it is a great one (I am not very "leggins friendly" but I am trying to expand my outfit ideas :D ). I am also looking for an onyx pendant (I have one in quarz and other one in amatist).

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^