Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sonnenberg Gardens


The Mansion at Sonnenberg. Queen Anne style mansion was built in 1887 by 
Fredrick Ferris Thompson and his wife Mary Clark Thompson. 
This was their summer home.

Yesterday you saw me posing around some of the lovely grounds at Sonnenberg Gardens and as promised I am sharing some of the wonders of this beautiful estate in the Finger Lakes. One thing that I love is history, especially when history involves getting lost for a day in a place that can transport you back to a by-gone era. Le sigh.

Warning: picture heavy post....



We started the journey with a wine tasting in Sonnenberg's wine cellar and this wonderful stained glass adorns a whole wall of the cellar. 

The Japanese Gardens are my favorite:



I felt like I was at a kegger carrying this cup around. Next time I'm bringing a chalice to carry around my
Italian soda.

Derek in front of the tea house, he was also invited to the Sonnenberg kegger. 
LOL!

Buddha

What's left of the Roman bath. So amazing to think of people swimming in this beauty.

One of the greenhouses.

Inside the mansion on the 2nd floor looking into the Great Room. 
I love the peacock!

Beautiful white peacock

Gorgeous bedroom. The wallpaper is amazing!

Portrait of Mary Clark Thompson (I wanted to move the tour sign so bad!)

I've been visiting Sonnenberg since I was a little girl and I don't recall this 
beautiful garden named The Blue & White Garden

Another view of The Blue & White Garden

Beautiful fountain on the mansion's patio

A view of the Italian Garden from the mansion

There are so many more photos and so many wonderful delights at Sonnenberg. It's one of my favorite places to visit and I'm so thankful that it's being preserved and restored.

Thank you for reading and letting me share!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a nice place to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the stained glass window! Oh and those greenhouses must be wonderful inside! Despite being a huuuge animal lover, I would really love some stuffed animals one day, as long as they died of natural causes. The gardens are just breathtaking and utterly magical! I could definitely get lost in them and live there forever!

    And the drinking chalice idea is great, that would totally suit such a magical place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Gorgeous!! Your red kegger cups bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^