Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, August 22, 2014

A Day At Sonnenberg Gardens in eShakti


Derek and I took a day trip to Sonnenberg Gardens in Canandaigua, NY. The lavish 19th century estate has a mansion surrounded by lovely gardens and is one of my most favorite places in the Finger Lakes. I decided it was a perfect back drop to share with you my newest eShakti dress addition.


An eShakti media relations rep contacted me and asked if I'd like to pick out a dress to customize and share on the blog. I was thrilled as I've mentioned and have shared my eShakti purchases on Coffin Kitsch, so why the heck not! I decided upon the Banded Waist Cotton Knit Dress as I've been wanting a black day dress that I wear with just about anything. I find myself always hunting for the perfect 'little black dress' and since I never thought about customizing my perfect day dress, so this was a perfect opportunity! 


I decided to change the cap sleeve to a short sleeve, change the neckline to a sweetheart and shortened the length to be above the knee. I have to admit I was afraid that my 'frankensteined' dress was going to be ugly, hahaha! I was quite wrong and was so happy when I first slipped on my customized dress, I love the comfortable cotton knit fabric too!

Just a few photos in the Secret Garden at Sonnenberg Gardens



+dress c/o eShakti +loafers: YRU +necklace: gift from Derek
+cross fabric bow: DIY +sunglasses: AJ Morgan

I was so happy and comfortable to wear this beauty all day long while frolicking on the grounds. I recommend eShakti to find your perfect little black dress! In fact I'm waiting on another eShaki order (paid by me!) as we speak. I'm okay with drowning in dresses. Hehe!

What would be your perfect little black dress?

I will share more about our day at Sonnenberg Gardens tomorrow. Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

7 comments:

  1. Definately going to check it out! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress and a fabulously Gothic location for a shoot! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks really pretty and flattering on you, I like the neckline too :)
    opheliaofharts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw i love gardens. and the neckline of your dress goes perfectly with your tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that dress is absolutely lovely (as are you!) I especially love that neckline >O<

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^