Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Creepy Tiki Luau

+top & necklace: vintage +cardigan & cropped pants: thrifted 
+Tiki bangles: Sourpuss Clothing 

Yesterday was On the Wire's Creepy Tiki Luau party in which our friend's horror surf band, The Surfin Cadavers played. It was a nice time, but I was mega stressed out with all the preparations for the evening and a few hiccups, but all my friends pitched into help and I am forever grateful.


I usually don't have time to snap any outfit photos when it's On the Wire evenings, but since the event started early and I had the day off, I had a little more time on my hands. I have to say it was funny when my friends commented that I wasn't wearing one of my glorious MuuMuus, hahahaha!


I realize my cardigan is hiding the lovely floral details on the top, but the skies decided to open up and rain complete with wind gusts and cold temperatures. Hello summer, where have you been?

I always try to make the best out of whatever situation, but I have to admit the weather had me feeling a little defeated and I think it was showing a little on my face. Regardless, people enjoyed themselves at the event and.....it's over. Phew! 


I didn't get a chance to get any photos of our glorious budget decor. Derek called it "Waikiki from the Dollar Tree", hahahahaha! I did snap this photo of my (I think) clever hula girl dip trays that I hot glued together with whatever I could find at the dollar store. Oh yes, those hula girls were a dollar AND they are on a spring, oh boy. Derek did a great job helping me turn child sized "grass skirts" into banners to hang on the wall, as well as turned tacky palm tree shaped balloon weights into masterpieces to put on the pub tables. 

Aloooooha! 

It's Sunday, this girl is tired and that bin of party supplies can wait to get put away......

I hope you had an awesome weekend!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

5 comments:

  1. You did a good job with those dip trays! They are really cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blouse is really cool! It definitely suits your tiki style but the Chinese collar also means that it could work for a number of different styles! Your outfit reminds me a bit of a Tiki version of Helen Mirren's clothes in Inkheart, which I am trying to recreate some of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dip trays are awesome hahaha! Looks like you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your earrings, they are a great added detail to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^