Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

New cardigan I snatched up at work, by Voodoo Vixen

I rang in the New Year with some of my Tiki buds, which was low-key and relaxing. We played Cards Against Humanity, which was my first time playing the game and it is hilariously immature....just the way I like it! We nibbled on assorted finger foods and sipped tropical libations from Tiki mugs and then toasted with champagne during the count down to midnight.


A lot of people had a bad year and couldn't wait to push 2013 out the door, which is totally understandable when you've had a tough time. A year seems like an eternity during a negative time, but it often becomes a blink of an eye when you're feeling positive and happy. Life is often full of challenges, but it's the outcome and what we learn from the experience that makes us who we are and a part of our story.


During my 33 years on this planet, I have had many ups and downs, twists and turns, successes and fails, so my story probably isn't anything to write a book about, but through these years I've lived. I'm learning about myself every year and 2014 won't be any different. It's the little successes like sewing bloomers from a pattern and concurring my fear of them. (The pattern, not the bloomers. Hehe!) I'm learning to be more patient with life and slow down to enjoy what is happening now rather than what can happen in the future. 

So, dear readers, I get serious now and then, but I will always truly be a goof and a cheeseball (mmmmm, cheeseball) and will continue to do so into 2014. I wish you all the health and happiness! 

PS-I am starting a new year (and year three of blogging) with a few tweaks to the layout of the blog. I dig it and I hope you do as well!

Thank you for reading! You are awesome!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


16 comments:

  1. Cards against humanity? Was it just the basic set or did you play with boosters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believed my friends bought some boosters as well. Pretty darn fun ;)

      Delete
  2. crosses! and that sweater is so awesome and so you. best wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Crosses, yes! I figured it was fitting for me and the blog (as I'm typing wearing my cross cardigan). Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  3. Cards againts humanity is my favorite! Loving the tiki themed outfit and pics, and the new layout as well! Happy new year ♥

    SKELETALE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cardie! I wish you all the best for 2014, and I hope it's another great year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! And congratulations for your blog anniversary ;).

    PD: I love your new hair color :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2014! I love your outfit!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice layout! I enjoy your outlook on life, very positive and down to earth. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^