Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, January 27, 2014

Swing Dance!

Derek looking dapper in his (ridiculous) purple suit that we got 
from a thrifting adventure. He always looks great!

One activity that Derek and I like to do is go to The Next Generation Swing Dance which is held once-a-month at the beautiful Hamlin House in Buffalo. Though we don't always join in every month, it's a nice excuse to get dresses up and put on our dancing shoes!

We're not very good swing dancers by any means and we really need to take some lessons, but it's fun to both be confused on the dance floor when Derek doesn't really know what he's doing and I'm trying to follow. Basically we just laugh at each other the whole we're out on the dance floor. Excellent date night!


I didn't get any shots of my outfit as I was feeling uninspired due to the cold and a chance didn't arise to snap a decent photo, but I snapped a few photos of my hair as I haven't done a good roller set in a while. For this hair style I used a big barrel curling iron as my trusty (and old) 1 1/2" curling iron died upon plugging it in! My hot rollers died a while ago, so I had to make due with my 2" curling iron for my whole head. I was up for the challenge.

Tools of attack!


My hair was a little messy, but I didn't do too bad!  My hair has been so short with the mohawk style that trying to a vintage-inspired style just wasn't in the cards. Now with my hair becoming longer, I have more hair to play with and it's fun to mess around with it once more. I like the way I styled my hair around the shaved side as it creates the look of having one side 'pulled back', though there is just no hair there! Hahaha!

Though my hair appliances are dying, now I have a good excuse to buy a new curling wand and give myself big, big hair! *A gal can dream*

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla



19 comments:

  1. Aaah, looking wonderful! I love Derek's suit so hard it's not even true. I'm a swing dancer too, though I wouldn't say I'm proficient either. ;) That's what practice is for, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely need to practice ;) Thank you, we like to call this suit his "sharp dresses Grimace" look. Hehehe!

      Delete
  2. I've only been swing dancing once (many moons ago!), but I was with an expert dancer, and we had a blast! You both look great, and I love that spider pin you're wearing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The spider pin was part of my wedding jewelry, it's very special to me :)

      Delete
  3. sounds like a fun date night :) and also, I love that bed head hairspray. nothing's stronger than it. It can kill a fly midflight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!!!!! It's my favorite as a little goes a long way!

      Delete
  4. I'm in love with the fabric and color of that suit-- gah!
    I also really love how the vintage curls look with the cut style of your hair... you two always look so good =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda want my curling iron to die…..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks great!! I love the style mix you achieved.
    Oh Dereks suit is so cool, it has the perfect purple, very dapper indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are so kooky and cutie! :) Derek is certainly a Dapper Dan Man, isn't he? And doll, those curls suit you! LOVE 'EM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the curls too - so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure to drink with my pinkie up! ;) Thank you doll!

      Delete
  9. That is a fantastic suit! You look lovely! I love what you did with your hair! Punky shaved bit crossed with retro curls = unique awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome hair!! I just bought a set of hot rollers a few months ago and I am in love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, nothing like a new set of hot rollers! ;)

      Delete
  11. How fun! I love you're hair. You look very vintage and still maintained your punk goth look. Nicely done! I don't think I've ever seen anyone look so good with pink hair! Love it! Wet sets with sponge rollers work great too. I sleep in them overnight and get a really good 30s 40s curl!

    Tam Francis
    www.girlinthejitterbugdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have done wet sets before and they are always the best, I'll have to dig out my sponge curls as they are buried in the back of the linen closet ;)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^