Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cemetery Scene : Rockin' Bones


I took advantage of Rockin' Bones cyber Monday 50% off sale that took place after Thanksgiving back in November. I bought the Cemetery L/S Top in a large (I wanted it to be oversized) and I ordered the Cemetery Mini Skirt in the 16 inch length. I am happy to report that I love the cotton shirt, the silk screening is awesome and washed up great! On the other hand, I am sad to write that I am extremely disappointed with the Cemetery Skirt. Due to the heavy silk screening on the cotton skirt (similar to the one I'm wearing) it doesn't allow it to stretch and I can't even put it on. I hate to ever speak ill of an independent company, yet this one was a total miss. *Sad face* I think I will turn the skirt into a patch.

I was digging around in my closet and I keep going back and forth on whether I want to get rid of my old creeper boots. Since it makes me sad to think I've been ignoring these beauties, so I pulled them out of the closet and am actively putting them back into the rotation. They are a little stiff, but hopefully I'll finally get over the pain I experience in the back of my heels, which is probably why they get banished to the closet for long periods of time. Trying to break in boots that are 10+ years old may not be a good idea, but I'll give it the ole' college try....again. Hehe!

I'm wearing a giftmas present from Derek which are the pewter bone hoops by Martha Rotten. I know I've mentioned Martha Rotten on the blog before, so I'm excited to have some of her pieces added to my collection. I have my eye on the Sister Rotten necklace, Bone Stretch Bracelet and Cross Necklace.
Oh accessories, how I love thee!

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

8 comments:

  1. That's too bad about the skirt and the boots.
    Very little is more irritating than pretty things that hurt or don't work.

    I hope the boots break in soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am going to try and pad my heels and hope for the best. I do really like the boots!

      Delete
  2. I always love your hair!
    No matter the color or style, you always kick ass & look terrific. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You made my day that much brighter <3

      Delete
  3. I had the same boots long time ago - I loved them and had worn them for years till they fell apart - oh it's nice to be remembered how cool they looked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great boots. I think you're the only person I've met who also has owned them ;)

      Delete
  4. The top is so nice, I love the print on it. Rocking bones is also a title of a rockabilly song of Ronnie Dawson :)
    I have a similar issue with a jerseydress with zombie print, I ordered a large and I can pull it on but not mov in it :/ I have my hopes that I can loss some weight to be able to show myself outdoors in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that! I will have to give it a listen.
      I hope you can manage to make the dress work! Sometimes screen printing directly onto something makes it impossible to wear when the material itself it not allowed to stretch.

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^