Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!

Photobucket

Happy Halloween and Merry Samhaim! I hope your day is filled with treats and perhaps some happy tricks, hehe. I wanted to share my main Halloween costume that I crafted, yet unfortunately I will not be wearing it to the club since the weather has been an issue due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy. So, I dressed up and Derek took some photos of me on Monday evening.

As a side note-Hurricane Sandy has effected (and still effecting) millions of people on the East Coast of the US, especially New York and New Jersey, I sit here watching and feeling helpless. Everyone are in my thoughts, such terrible devastation.

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Come to me Arthur. Leave these others and come to me. 
My arms are hungry for you, my darling"

If you haven't guessed, I'm Lucy from the Bram Stoker's Dracula, the movie by Francis Ford Coppola. I am missing my fangs as the damn things did not want to stay in my mouth, first time I've ever been a vampire and I couldn't get the fangs right. Go figure, haha!

Photobucket
Lucy, Dracula

My costume isn't exact, but I don't think I did too shabby of a job. The headpiece was a bit of a challenge seeing as I don't have hair on the sides of my head to bobby pin anything too, so I used a millinery pillbox base that I had and built everything from there. I made myself a white turban out of white jersey knit fabric in order to cover my head and hair, plus is gave the headpiece something to grip onto. I forced myself to learn some new sewing techniques with this costume which also pleased me. I also used a lot of fabric glue, it's the best thing EVER.

Did you dress up this Halloween season?

Thanks for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

10 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! Cool costume! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job - love the sleeves and hat!! I have the movie PVR'd to watch tonight - after seeing your pictures, now I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The sleeves are attached to a dress from a previous years costume, revamped and vampire-a-fied. HAHAHA! Enjoy the movie, one of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. This is astounding! Very nice job on the costume. It stinks that you don't get to wear it! :( Hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unfortunately Not, I did not dress up this year. I'm glad to see that you are having fun in your own way at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy's dress is so fabulously creepy! It is an ambitious costume to tackle. Nice work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit! As soon as I saw it I was thinking - that's from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

    I was Velma Dinkley this year at work. Shortest skirt I have ever worn....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^