Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I Love Being Thrifty





















I love being thrifty. That means we visit garage sales, scour thrift shops, garage pick, visit antique/vintage shops, trade with friends and use Craigslist. We've been really, really lucky on Craigslist these past few weeks and have gotta a lot of great things for the Hut. The palm trees (second one is across the room, where I'm standing taking the photo), the bamboo love seat and chair, and the two wicker tables have all come from people selling on Craigslist. We got everything for a steal. The Hut is coming along nicely, but we have lots of decorating and unpacking to do. I haven't seen some of our collection for almost 6 months!


We also added this mid century credenza to our dining room, courtesy of good friends. It's nice when you can swap as a bunch of us decorate our homes in a similar fashion, so it's nice to see items go to good homes. I have to mention that Derek picked up the shadowbox at a garage sale a few years ago, painted it and surprised me with it! Can't say no to $10!

I really think I was a frustrated interior designer in another plane of existence. Hahahaaha! I just love to DIY, decorate and repurpose! My environment really effects my mood, so I think that's why I put so much care and thought into my space. Now that we have our own house, we both are busting with ideas, but know we can't get it all done at once. Crazy to think we've only been living in our house for almost 5 months!

Thank you for reading!
Stay tuned for my first GIVEAWAY! Details will be announced on the blog this week!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


9 comments:

  1. Proof that you don't need to shop retail to create a cool home! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craigslist is awesome. You scored some great finds! I'm lovin' the Hut! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way your hut is coming along! It looks so great!! Such a fun and relaxing place to hang out! Love the credenza too. Sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY CRAP! I love The Hut! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I love the curio shelf! I like second hand things too, i can't wait to have my own place so i can actually bring furniture home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^