Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, March 13, 2015

Wow, It's Friday Already!

Derek is hanging up the wall of velvet paintings, or as I've dubbed it,
"The wall of good taste"

Hello friends! I can't believe it's Friday already, this week has flown by for me. When I last wrote on Sunday, we were going to get our Chromcraft vintage dining set and I'm so glad we did! The seller from Craigslist was not only a super rad guy, he has barns full of treasures! Once it warms up and thaws out, we'll take a trip out to his place and poke around some more. I really do love a good hunt, hehe.


Tuesday was filled with laundry, grocery shopping and sewing. I bought repro barkcloth fabric to make curtain panels for the dining room. I couldn't find anything I liked (or went with our wall colors) that was second hand or vintage, so I decided to fork over the money for an abstract atomic print that both Derek and I liked. (PS-repro barkcloth is just not the same.)


I still have to make the valances, but they look great hung up. It's nice to see the walls filling up with our art and the room taking on it's own personality. It's also great to have a place to sit and have meals with Derek and soon to have friends over to eat, drink and enjoy.


Derek's Elvis bust's (his own creations) have their own corner in the dining room. I am going to glue some black fringe around the edges of the shelves, since part of our fez collection is near, so I just thought, "we need more fringe".

Besides working, this is what we've been up too. I hope you enjoy your weekend!!!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


6 comments:

  1. Repro or not that barkcloth is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very happy with what we picked out (not sound like a barkcloth snob, lol!!)

      Delete
  2. :-D you both did great decoration jobs here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy with barns full of stuff sounds exciting! I often watch American Pickers and drool over the amazing finds!

    I love Derek's Elvis heads! What a great way to combine a love of retro and odd and cool art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your place is coming together nicely! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^