Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Big 80s Sweater Casual


I gotta tell you I was pretty darn excited when I found this long 80s sweater mixed in with the dresses while I was thrift shopping. I had been scouring the internet for another oversized sweater to add to my wardrobe and (of course) I had no luck. This sweater had amazingly huge shoulder pads that I cut out, because I'm not THAT in love with the 80s....been there, done that. And I have to point out the wonderful cuffs and sleeves.

It also has pockets!

The older I get and the more curated my closet becomes, the more I realize I prefer second hand shopping. I don't know if it's the thrill of the hunt, or the unique pieces I find, but I just really enjoy a thrift shop/vintage shop more than most other retail. Grant it, shop small and shop local!


I have picked up a few things via eBay this month, some barkcloth items to add to my Tiki wardrobe and a velvet coat which I am looking forward to pairing with my lace dresses. 


In other news, this was the scene Friday morning. Derek is using an axe he found in our shed to hack at the ice. I told him he's been listening to too much Viking Metal. Haha!!!


I decided to tell Spring that it's okay to come soon, the plastic pink flamingos are sick of being hidden away. Our neighbors must think we're insane, but hopefully I at least gave them a little chuckle.

Time to get ready to go pick up a 60s chromcraft dining set that I've been dreaming about. It needs some TLC, but for the great price, we're up for the challenge!

Have a great weekend!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

17 comments:

  1. ooooh i love this outfit on you! looks perfect for a cozy day OR even for a day out! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sweater! :)
    And for me it's definitely the thrill of the hunt that I love in thrift shopping, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so excited when I find diamonds in the rough! ;)

      Delete
  3. The flamingoes are awesome. Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! No problem, glad I made you laugh! I also have a pair of skele-mingos for balance ;)

      Delete
  4. Great outfit, love your T-shirt : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am forever addicted to huge black sweaters. Comfy black blob ftw!
    This one looks lovely on you and it looks like an amazing thrift shop find:) I also really love little local shops and markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaa! I love that, "Comfy black blob ftw!" I may have to steal that from you!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I would not mind at all haha:3

      Delete
  6. I really love this outfit, looks similar to what I normally wear in winter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this outfit, looks similar to what I normally wear in winter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one 1980s-tastic cardi, you look ace! That snow isn't so good though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. With this sweater, you're that much closer to my dream of finding socially acceptable pajamaclothes (in the best way possible, I mean that as a compliment.) Also, I used to live in Buffalo and love the flamingos pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that sweater is great! You are definitely one of those people who can pull off a baggy sweater with class!

    Viking metal ice destruction! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your flamingos in the snow! I hope it warms up for you soon though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^