Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sophistique Noir's Monthly Theme : Bows


I was having a little issue trying to get everything to link back to Miss Sophistique Noir's Monthly Theme, so I'm a little late! I like to think "fashionably late", hehe! This month's theme is bows and I sure do love bows! The outfit pictures below is from Christmas Eve 2011 and I'm wearing a black and white bow patterned skirt by Switchblade Stiletto.

Photobucket
These photos sorta suck. Blech.

This skirt is currently up for sale on my ebay as I'm not in love with the way it looks on me and I'm doing a closet purge and this lovely item is getting the boot. Why don't I love it on me? In order for me to wear it I have to wear a long line shaper to smooth out all the lumps and bumps. I'm not scared of support garments, I'm just getting tired of wear layers upon layers under pencil skirts in order for them to look good on me. I'm not a perfectionist, I just know when something doesn't really suit my shape and I know this skirt emphasizes things I want to minimize. *Wink*

Photobucket

I enjoy incorporating bows into my outfits through accessories. The piece all the way to the left is my trusty western style ribbon tie which I add to button-up collared blouses for a  little more fun! You can get ribbon ties in a variety of colors, I have a vintage silver/red rose patterned ribbon tie that I just reminded myself I have.....somewhere. 



I might as well incorporate my Shoes! OMG! post as I found a pair of shoes that fits the theme! Check out the De Blossom Cailie Shoe.


Photobucket
The peek-a-boo lace sides really made me love these shoes. Along with the unique bow detail and elegant overall look of the shoes makes me want to pair them with a romantic 1920s inspired drop waist dress. I see the 1920s influence creeping into the trendy store's with romantic and flowing fabrics. If there is black lace, I will be there to "ohhhh and ahhhhhhh". 

Thanks for reading!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Glad I found your blog through the monthly theme at Victorian Kitty's blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I've been following you for a little while now! :) Thanks for coming on over, Hehehehe!

      Delete
    2. That is so fabulous! I love a mutual admiration society!

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are amazing! The lace, the heel, the bow... "ooohhh and aaaahhhh" is the most appropriate comment for those shoes *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G. That is the cutest skirt ever!! I think it looks amazing on you, but I know if it just doesn't feel right, it never will. I'm headed over to eBay to see if it happens to be my size... ;-D

    Did you gave trouble with the HTML code for the theme icon? If so, how did you end up getting it to work? A few people reported having issues with it in Blogger this time, but others had no problem. I made a small change to the code last night, so maybe that's what fixed it, but another user reported an issue this morning... I tried it on my old Blogger and it worked first try... Any inside info you could give me would be awesome, so hopefully I can resolve the issue for next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically the code posted on your most current monthly homework assignment when c+p'ed into the html on my blogger=no photo appearing (i.e. error). I looked at the code and everything looked fine. I even c+p'ed into a word document to make sure it was fine. I tried it several times and gave up and used your old code. =/

      Delete
  4. Your outfit is spectacularly cute-- it is quite unique and suits your curves quite naturally and beautifully.

    Oooh, I am so in love with lace heels. Ever since D&G came out with that style, there have been sooo many delectable and affordable variations! I want to own them all, so thank you so much for linking the place to get 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^