Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Feeling Peppy In My Peplum!


I've noticed some new reader subscriptions, hi everyone!! Thanks for joining my blog!

There is a current trend of peplum's making their way back into clothing designs and it has made its way into my closet. Peplum's are most widely known for being popular in the 1940's, yet they have been around for hundreds of years as the peplum originated as a Greek tunic.

Photobucket

The peplum top is from Target ($14.99) which is paired with a thrifted black banded skirt, slouched socks and creepers. My friend Beth picked me up for a gals night and she thought I was wearing a dress, which is the look I was going for with the two pieces. I have also worn the top with shorts, pants and well, I wear it all the time....it's comfortable!

I liked this top as soon as I put it on, the peplum sits a bit higher than my natural waist line and the peplum is just the right length without looking like a pregnancy top. Proportions are key to choosing the right peplum flounce for you. I'm a little on the longer torso side, so I find the tops, jackets or dresses that have a very high peplum looks like I have gills or have side wings. Hahahaha! I also enjoy wearing this top as it's very forgiving and it hides my taco tummy (my affectionate name for my little pooch) as the top accents my small waist and the peplum flows away from my body, which lays very nicely without accentuating my "problem areas". 

Miss Karoliina of Bones and Lilies is wearing a peplum top in this outfit of the day. She looks so cute!

Thanks for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla





7 comments:

  1. Aw, you look adorable! I SO love the bow in your hair!!! QT PIE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empire waists have the same issues. Most are great for just about any body type, but chose the wrong one, and you get queries on your due date!

    I like how you create outfits from different and sometimes unexpected places. It's much more fun to hunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I completely agree with empire waists, very good point indeed.

      Thank you! I am a bargain shopper and I don't put limits on myself in terms of where I purchase items. My intention of this blog is to showcase "regular" alternative shopping and fashion. :)

      Delete
  3. OOOH! Your hair is so pretty! :D I just found your blog and decided to follow! It's just an amazingly interesting gothy blog. :) Love it!

    Love / Noire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute! Love the bow, really great color POP!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^