Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hair Talk : My Hair Inspiration

I often find that people automatically call me 'deathrock' just based on my mohawk or death hawk (as some may call it) either of which I don't mind. Is the difference between a mohawk and a death hawk based on the  little 'dog ears' that I have or because I have a texturized teased mop? Who knows! My look is definitely inspired by the 80s batcave goth era, yet I don't like to limit myself.


Photobucket

I'll admit I swoon over big hair, vintage styled hair and New Wave hair do's. I have always been into trying different and dramatic things with my hair over the years, so at 31 having a mohawk just seems like the perfect fit for me. Besides, I personally think I look better in shorter styles.

Some of my hair inspirations:
Photobucket
(top) left to right: Siouxsie Sioux, 80s London gal
(bottom) left to right: Daniel Ash (Bauhaus), Awesomely 80s goths

Photobucket
Why can't I be the 4th member of Skinny Puppy?
Too awesome, look at that hair!

What are your hair inspirations? Are there any hair style you would love to try?

Thanks for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

8 comments:

  1. I also love love love batcavers/old school gothic style. And when it comes to the hair - the bigger, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not fond of big hair, only because I'm not able to pull it off as nicely as I see. With the structure of your face and collar, all I see is beauty with that hair, but if I try it I end up looking boyish or just really funny looking.

    I'm very practical (aka lazy) when it comes to my hair-- though renaissance inspired braids and long flowing manes are definitely eye-candy to me. It's something I believe I can pull off, but haven't the skill or patience to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know short/big hair is not for everyone, so I applaud you for knowing that works for you!

      I always admire people who can wear their hair long and make it look so elegant. I look TERRIBLE with long hair as it does nothing for my face. I do like to play and style my friends who have long hair and live vicariously through them ;)

      Delete
  3. LOVE the big hair! Lots of people think my hair is very 80s, but I get inspiration from all over the place ... I shaved my head in 1993 for a Banshees concert so I could have a blue mohawk, and haven't grown it out since ;)

    I started wearing dreads extensions about 6 years ago after being inspired (weirdly) by a cool guy on a goth clothing advert - funny what sparks the ol' creative spirit! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool about the inspiration from that ad!
      You also have rad hair and having a mohawk since 1993! WOW! *I bow to thee mohawk queen* Hahahhahaha! <3

      Delete
    2. Aww, thanks! ... though I think that just means I'm getting old, heh heh :P

      Mutual hair admiration is always a good thing ;)

      Delete
  4. Jesus Christ woman, you do not look thirty-one!!! I seriously thought you were in your mid twenties...

    Anyway, I had that discussion with a friend of mine on the difference between a deathhawk and a mohawk, and we came to the conclusion that mohawks tend to be thinner and consisting of less hair while deathhawks were teased and consisted of more hair. I don't know we both could have been terribly wrong.
    As for big hair? Love it! I used to not be able to leave the house without teasing my hair into a wild nest of awesome-ness and I always had a little comb in my boot in case I had the urge to fluff my hair some more. But for a while now I haven't teased my hair, mainly because it's a little damaged from excessive dyeing...oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! 31 is not old by any means, but I am lucky that the women in my family have aged gracefully.....that, and trying to stay out of the sun helps.

      I would agree with your mohawk/deathhawk description, I just call my hair a mohawk *shrugs* I am obsessed with 80s hair and thus my hair was a natural progression ;)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^