Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, February 10, 2012

Cocktail Friday : Singapore Sling




Picture of my dear husband and I (a few months ago), but that's the face I feel in love with. Hahaha!

Happy Friday everyone! This week's Cocktail Friday is inspired by the delicious drink I had at a local restaurant called Vera Pizzeria. I took Derek there for his 38th birthday and we dined on delicious pizza and Pre-Prohibition cocktails. The restaurant's barman make these concoctions using tradition techniques and fresh ingredients (you won't find sour mix in these drinks!) to make wonderful libations. Next time I would like to sit at the bar and watch all the magic happen! So, without further adieu, the Singapore Sling.....

This recipe is invented by Mr.Ngiam Tong Boon, bartender at the legendary Raffles Hotel in Singapore sometime around 1915.

Ingredients:

1 ml gin
1/2 ml Heering® cherry liqueur
4 ml pineapple juice
1/2 ml lime juice
1/4 ml Cointreau® orange liqueur
1/4 ml benedictine herbal liqueur
1 - 2 tsp grenadine syrup
1 dash Angostura® bitters Mix all in a shaker and pour in glass filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and cherry.

Mix all in a shaker and pour in glass filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and cherry.

Mmmmmm! I enjoyed this exact recipe at Vera Pizzeria and I LOVED it. Can't I have one for breakfast? Pretty please?! *Wink*

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^