Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, February 24, 2012

Cocktail Friday : Luau At The Lake, Now With Photos!


My husband and I joke that there are two seasons in our household, Tiki season and Halloween season. We are in Tiki season currently as I am always dreaming of tropical beaches and summer nights during the cold winter months in Western NY. Grant it, I'm not a huge fan of baking in the hot sun as I like my pale pallor and use many tools to keep it that way! Tiki is just another part of my quirky and kitsch-lovin' personality, I always joke that it allows my inner tacky to come out.....then again a girl who covers herself in bats, spiders, and other various creepy things is pretty tacky. *Wink*

Warning: photos of copious amounts of Tiki gear, kitschy prints and LOTS of tacky vintage fashion.

Oops! They spelled my name wrong!
The husband also didn't realize Makahiki means
Christmas, LOL!

Another photo from 2010 in Lake George, NY
Luau At The Lake event
Yes my dear friends, we join other Tikiphiles at an annual event called Luau at the Lake which takes place in Lake George, NY. The event is held at the Tiki Resort hotel for a weekend of drinking, socializing and enjoying a luau dinner and Polynesian show. Though the Tiki shirts, mu-mu's and tropical hair adornments are optional, my husband and I enjoy hunting for vintage Hawaiian fashions and letting our inner tacky run a-muck! It's something we love to do together and often share our love of everything Tiki with a small group of friends here in Buffalo.

More pictures?! Don't mind if I do!

Luau at the Lake 2011. Enjoying a cocktail outside our hotel room

We were the most matched table at the luau! The hubster got cut off :(
One of the cocktails we tried at the Tiki Resort's bar was Trader Vic's Grog. Here is a recipe I looked up on the interwebz. This one is super yummy, but I'm a sucker for anything with passionfruit juice as one of the ingredients.

Recipe:
2 oz. Jamaican Rum
1 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice 
1 oz. Passionfruit Juice
Dash of Angostura Bitters

Shake and pour into 16-ounce or old-fashioned glass (or Tiki mug!) filled with shaved ice. Garnish with a cherry and serve with a straw.

Aloha friends!!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^