Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, August 15, 2016

The Halloween Hunt Has Begun!


Ohhhh, I'm so excited as the Halloween Hunt 2016 has officially begun! I have to admit I kicked it off all by myself when I stopped at Michael's craft store for some felt (for cool project I will share in a future blog) and picked out some chalkboard coffin's that can hang on the wall. I bought them as an idea to use as a frame for some of our antique casket plaques.


Can't wait to add these to the living room wall!


Oh wait! Silly me kicked it off even earlier as I bought fabric from Joann Fabrics to use as curtains for our Halloween Kitsch-en! Sheesh, I have a bad memory. Hahaha! This pattern makes me heart sing and I am so glad I waited till I found the perfect fabric to match my color scheme. PS-I made the striped valances too!


Today's trip took us to Joann Fabrics (with Derek this time) and we picked out the solar powered skulls you see in the background. I can't wait to see what they look like once they are all powered up from the sun. They had smaller jack-o-lantern lawn stakes (I may need to go back for those) and smaller purple skulls. So beyond cool!


We also picked out a few kitchen towels and something we've been needing...a drying mat! I couldn't believe that Joann's had Halloween themed drying mats, I was so happy that I started jumping up and down in the aisle hugging my bundle. So happy, in fact, that we decided to buy two and have one as a back up. Sigh, I love this time of the year.


Have you started finding Halloween treasures?

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


18 comments:

  1. Love the light up skulls and the coffin plaques!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One doesn't work and when the other one does work it lights up really strange and multicolored. We may have to do some DIY ;)

      Delete
  2. HomeGoods had the Halloween stuff out when I went yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I think the one we got to just needs to caught up!

      Delete
  3. Yes - his Lordship goes out of town tomorrow and then I am going shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't started Halloween decor hunting yet. But I plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite time of year!! I walked by a Goodwill and saw pumpkins in the window and had to go in to get first dibs. I need to hit Joanns too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh I am so hoping for some halloween fabrics over here in the stores *_* Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny to see how early Halloween stuff is released abroad. In my country, the celebration is unfortunately not as big as in the US.. There is only one aisle or at most two aisles dedicated to Halloween decoration and costumes in some specific shops and they are not displayed before September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only time I love when a holiday gets an early start, when it comes to how early Christmas starts=ridiculous. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Yay Halloween!!! Love seeing your Halloween decorations. I will have to take a look at Joann's to see what they have. :D I think I know the jack o lantern lawn stakes you speak of too. Are they glass and come in green, purple, and orange? I love those! I have a whole set of them for going along our front walk way. <3 Love those curtains and love that drying mat. They go together so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those are the ones! I want to get the orange jack-o-lanterns! I would love to see a photo =D

      Delete
  9. JoAnn and Michaels have a really nice selection this year. Walmart has fall and a tiny bit of Halloween. Happy Hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh good to know, thank you!!!! Happy hunting to you!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^