Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The 90s Called


I bought this dress back in December at Charlotte Russe when they were having a sale around Christmas. It was purchased with this tunic dress for very little monies, as I thought they would make nice additions to the 'comfy and easy to wear' section of the closet.

Oh the kitty, you ask? He/She is an adorable little creature whom we've been feeding. We believe they are a stray and we soon will be taking them to a vet to get them checked out (see if they are chipped) and then find a forever home. Unfortunately I am very allergic to cats, which is heart breaking since this feline would be very welcome (if we can't find the owner) into our home. Such a sweetheart that basically adopted us. Sigh....

Gust of wind shot

Yeah, this outfit looks very 90s and I wore this exact type of outfit (except I would be wearing combat boots) in my youth. Crazy to think at 35 that the 90s clothing I wore are now considered vintage. So weird!


Wearing; black and white floral dress (Charlotte Russe), leggings and flats (Target), earrings (H&M), Sisters of Mercy necklace (etsy), blue sandstone pendant (flea market), sunglasses (AJ Morgan via Cats Like Us)


Other than taking care of the kitty, having the art show and recovering from last week's trip to the emergency room, it looks like things are going to be very mellow for the next few weeks. I have to admit that I like it when the calendar isn't filled up with scribblings of things and/or events, I like to hermit in my house from time to time.

*Breathes*

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


11 comments:

  1. Very pretty baby doll dress. Isn't that just wild? It was almost a little surreal when the current 90s trend began a few years ago now and I was like, wait, wasn't I just wearing those styles all of five minutes ago? It's amazing how quickly time passes and that things from our youth are already in vogue again.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* I had to reread that line three times, thinking surely it must be a typo and that you meant "25", not 35 - as you don't look a day over the former to me. In fact, had someone asked, I would have bet good money that I was at least a few years older than you (I'm 32).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you! Yes, I'm 35 going on 36 and proud! Thank you very much for the compliment ;)

      I do love babydoll dresses, combat boots and leggings. I always will ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too :( I've been having a real tough time, even with not being around the kitty.

      Delete
  3. I always loved this kind of fabric. I find really romantic, and looks great with a goth look. In fact, I have to stop myself buying things with flowers XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I love seeing you seamlessly breeze through the fashion of decades! So much fun! Sorry to hear that you are allergic. It really seems like this kitty would be a wonderful new family member. Also, I couldn't agree more about liking it when the the calendar isn't scribbled with things to do. It's so nice and completely underrated being the stay at home club some days <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, that is such a rad compliment!

      Yeah, total bummer as I love kitties too :( As for the stay at home club, it's great!!! Hahahaaaha!!!

      Delete
  5. Love the photos with the cat, very cute! It is really weird getting old and having things you used to wear becoming trendy again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^