Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Frivolous and Trendy?


Derek surprised me this 'So Goth I'm Dead' bag by Killstar Clothing months ago, because he knows my sense of humor. The bag was seen with an outfit in this blog post and I realized that I haven't included it on the blog nor chatted about it. 


A lot of Killstar fashions have shown up on Youtubers, bloggers and instagrammers and I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about this brand and/or brands like Killstar. These types of brands can be pricey and a lot of people are wearing the fashions, so is it frivolous to own trendy brands? Nahhhh, I say if you like something that could be considered trendy within a subculture and you really like it, buy it! Personally I wear whatever I like and I like a variety in my closet.....especially when it has kitsch value!


I believe the key to shopping the trends is to incorporate these "trendy" pieces into your own style, so being particular and educated when shopping (i.e-read reviews, use coupons, shop sales, etc.) can only benefit you. BUT-I always advise to not get too wrapped up in the 'must have it' mindset that trends can generate and only buy if it's something you really want, even if it seems frivolous. Gotta live a little from time to time! Hehe!


Wearing: white blouse (Bettie Page Clothing via clothing swap), cropped pants (thrift), concho belt (Target), bat flats (Iron Fist), hair scarf ($1 estate sale buy), coffin pin (gift from Derek), So Goth I'm Dead (Killstar, gift from Derek)


A little health update: After seeing one doctor and ruling out what I thought it was (pre-existing issue), I then had to wait to see a new doctor, and in the mean time I was suffering everyday. Yesterday I left work and  went to the emergency room for the health issues I've been experiencing since I just couldn't take the pain any more. (This was the outfit I wore to work, so at least I had a cute outfit for the hospital.) Happy to report that after blood work, testing and a cat scan, everything will resolve itself in time, which I am so relieved! I will still be seeing the doctor at the end of this month, to follow up and chat about some questions and other health concerns. 

It's been a crazy few months and I'm ready to have some boring down time! Hahaha!

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


8 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit. I love your blouse v. pretty. I like you advice purchase what you like. My favourite thing is thrifting and finding cheap clothing can look amazing. I'm charity shop addicted.


    I hope your all right regarding health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better and will get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes! hope you feel better soon. and this is random, but the bat decals in the background make such a perfect little studio for outfit shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift! Derek is swell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sorry to hear about the recent health issues. But glad to hear that everything should clear up on it's own. That is no good though that the pain was so intense you had to go to the ER. I hope you will feel better very soon! I have to say though, you must have been the cutest dressed person in all the hospital that day! ;) Love the outfit and love your thoughts on shopping trends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the health issues are resolved soon!

    I like your attitude, pick things you like but keep your own style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you have had some health concerns :( I agree with your thoughts on trendy stuff.....I have learned the hard way that one should not buy too many trendy things unless they are things you can incorporate into your wardrobe in various ways so they continue to be useful for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^