Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, August 14, 2016

More Humid Than Humid : It's Too Damn Hot

Dress last seen on blog in 2013!?

As I have mentioned before, we are having a ridiculously hot and humid summer. I'm pretty much running out of outfits to wear for work, as I quickly realized I don't many styles with halters, spaghetti straps or sleeveless garments that are work appropriate. I tend to wear my Tiki/Hawaiian section of my closet to work, as working in a retro store I want to wear retro (40s, 50s, 60) in order to represent the style of the store. Makes sense right? 


Now mind you, I love vintage from many decades, yet this 80s does 50s button-up halter dress speaks to my love of kitsch...and the 80s. Hahaha! I always squeal with delight when I find a tropical print with a black background, it just makes me so happy and it's easy to style. I paired the dress (vintage via eBay) with some over-the-top 80s zebra earrings (vintage-from antique mall), reproduction Coco Jo's Tiki pendant (Charcoal Designs) with a chiffon scarf (estate sale find), vinyl belt I always wear and black flats (H&M).


Side tangent-the 'love' tattoo is a tattoo regret that needs to be covered up.


I love this Rob Zombie meme, just cracks me up. So, anywho I hope you are enjoying your Summer (or Winter) wherever you are and I hope this weather breaks so I can stop living in a tank top and bike shorts. 

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


10 comments:

  1. This outfit is AMAZING!!!!! I love the 80's and have recently been on more of a kick to find some to add to my wardrobe. The timing of this post couldn't have been more perfect for me. <3 This dress looks amazing on you. I love the colors on you and love the zebra earrings with it. So perfect. And this blog title cracks me up! LOL!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The 80s are amazing annd kitschy ;) Thank you, I thought it was funny too. Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Ugh sooo hot out. Your dress is so fabulous and very you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, it has been ridiculous, but it has cooled down since this blog was posted AND we finally got rain! Woooo!

      Delete
  3. Cute dress! What are you thinking of as a back tattoo to cover it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Probably a bit bat or something Halloween related :)

      Delete
  4. That dress is absolutely gorgeous!! And I may or may not have laughed out loud at work at the Rob Zombie meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The meme cracks me up every time and I sing, "More humid than humid" to the actual song. Hehehe!

      Delete
  5. It's still winter in my part of the world, but it seems like its been a hot summer for the northern hemisphere. I love this dress so very much, I'm always a sucker for the 80s and this frock is so beautifully kitsch (is beautifully kitsch even a thing?). Amazing earrings too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I LOVE that dress!!! It is FINALLY starting to get cold out where I am!! Summer sucks for fashion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^