Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Few Days with Fancy Hair


Hello friends! The last few days have been filled with friends, getting my hair done and having fancy hair from a photoshoot I did with Jennifer Link Kieffer for Auxiliary Magazine. My friend hair trimmed and colored my hair on Friday and my hair was done by my friend Lauren-Ashley for the photoshoot. 


The photoshoot was very early on Sunday morning, so after coming home to change and wash off the dramatic photoshoot makeup, I was determined to take my hair out for lunch. Oh yeah, Derek came too! Hahaha! 


I slipped on my favorite sleeveless lace top, an eShakti skirt that has become a summer favorite, black flats and my bat parasol from Sourpuss Clothing. We then headed down to the Elmwood Strip (which I've been haunting that part of town since I was a teenager) and munched on lovely Mediterranean food while on the restaurants upper patio. We chatted about how much Buffalo has changed over the years and how cool it is to see the city thriving. Sigh, I love summer's in Buffalo.


On Monday I still took advantage of my locks lookin' lovely and dressed for a very warm day that was going to included running errands and thrift shopping. I paired my favorite skirt (thrifted) with a basic tank top, black comfy flats and a fringed skull and floral Kimono that was given me by my friend Leslie.


I realize that my love of Kimono's doesn't get included in the blog too often. I have several that I like to thrown on when I'm going to out in the sun. The kimono sheds my shoulders and helps keep me warm when I'm going in and out of air conditioned buildings. I also can't lie that I love how dramatic they look when they are blowing in the wind. Hehe!


Shout out to this skirt for having the best pockets ever! I can put my cell phone, measuring tape (handy to have while thrifting) and my lip balm in them without looking overly bulky. Bonus!


I have to mention that it was a good thrifting day. Derek is always my good luck charm and it's great to have a second set of eyes helping to look for vintage treasures. I picked up a red card table for next-to-nothing and a few clothing items and I was smiling from ear to ear.

How was your weekend?

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

16 comments:

  1. Ah, you look beautiful in these outfits. The hair is amazing too ^__^

    I have to admit, one of my main reasons I love wearing long cardigans/kimonos is that I always feel like I'm wearing some sort of dramatic cape when they blow in the wind haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Hahahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!! Nothing wrong with feelin' glamorous! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hair is gorgeous and I love the kimono!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really must have that parasol! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I love your hair, and the skirts in the pictures are great. I'll be sure to check out eshakti. Skirts with pockets are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the three of you enjoy your lunch? ;)

    I love both these outfits. And hooray for good thrifting days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair was quite the piggy in the crowd. Hahaha! It was a really lovely afternoon, thank you. ;)

      Delete
  6. That is fancy hair, I love it! Love all your clothes, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy mackerel, you hair is off-the-charts fabulous! What a terrific colour and 'do. Tons of lock love!

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous hair! I'm glad you got to take it (and Derek) out for lunch ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^