Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, July 4, 2016

We'll Miss You

Thank you for the awesome photo Jen!

A few friend's surprised Melanie with a party to wish her well with her new job and move to New Jersey. It's bittersweet for Melanie as she really didn't want to have to move, yet it's a great opportunity for her. My friend that I have know for 17 years, we've been through a lot together and may not always see eye-to-eye, yet always have a lot of love for each other. I will miss her, yet I'm looking forward to some Skye antics that will hopefully not make her so homesick.


We had the party at Victory Studios, where our friend Luke has his photography studio. Luke and his wife Erin put together the surprise and they did a great job on a last minute shindig. Luke thoughyfully set up a photo booth and snapped some photos for Melanie to have, unfortunately a few a of the friend's had to leave before the photos happened. 


There was this amazing throne prop that I had to take a photo sitting on it. I felt like a queen! 


I wore a basic knit dress that has made it's first appearance on this blog and has become a wardrobe staple. I was basically running from work to the party, so I picked something that would be truly comfortable all day and it was a great choice!


Wearing; dress (eShakti), necklace (made by Derek), polka dot scarf and dangle coffin earrings (Sourpuss Clothing), beaded bracelets (thrifted), studded creepers (TUK).


I tend to forget to include my handbags in my outfit posts as I am a 'one bag' sorta gal. I just switched out my crossbody bag and am using a fun Halloween print bag that is made by Dungaree Dolly. I love the green!!!

Melanie, you will be missed, but I'm happy for you to start this new chapter in your life. 

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I want that throne! I hope everything works out for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{Big, big hugs}}} It is so hard to watch a dear friend move away. I'm sorry that you're both experiencing that right now. It's great though, as you said, that we have the web to help make any distance shorter.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your friend is moving away. I hope you all will be able to keep in touch and still see each other often. Perfect outfit! I love comfy dresses that you can wear all day. Also that polka hair bow is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^