Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, July 2, 2016

My First Pinup Experience with Sweetheart Pinup Studio


I blog for my job over at Cats Like Us and I came up with an idea to include Destiny from Sweetheart Pinup Studio (she's located down the street from the store) and have some insight into what goes into pinup photography. I wanted to share her experience as well as her amazing studio space. I wanted to have a model and take some behind the scenes photos of a pinup shoot in progress as well as interview Destiny. Well, when she asked me to be the model, the blog took on a more personal tone and I got to have my first pinup experience! You can read more details on the Cats Like Us blog.

Derek made the cookies for the shoot!

It's not my first time being photographed nor with a retro theme, but it was my first photo shoot from start to finish that I didn't have to do anything. Destiny did my hair, makeup, collaborated with styling and helped me to pose. We also used her amazing sets, which is crazy to think these are all in her studio space. She's worked really hard and it shows!


I wasn't too out of my comfort zone with the Tiki theme. Destiny suggested the 50s Suki Tiki Swing Dress by Hell Bunny, which I borrowed from work and used all my own Tiki accessories. It was fun to see myself styled by someone else and wear something a little outside of my style. I'm still a little kid at heart who loves to play dress up!


The second outfit was a little more scandalous and revealing (well, for me. Ha!) and I posed in my leopard bathing suit, wooden block wedges (thrift find), large Tiki necklace (Fancy Fruits on etsy, gift from Derek), bamboo earrings and red hibiscus flowers (Cats Like Us). There were a few other poses from the living set that I didn't share with the blog readers, but had them printed out. I got a beautiful black and white shot for Derek to hang on the wall in his tattoo studio. Though the dress photos were cute, I like the bathing suit shots the best. *Wink*

I really had a lot of fun and it was a confidence boost as Destiny is amazing and so sweet. I am not immune to the body image monsters, so seeing myself in this way was pretty neat! I think next time I would do a shoot with a 60s 'bad girl' influence as I love Pulp novel images! 

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

21 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! And the photos turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looks so incredibly glamorous! I hope I can do one of these someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so glamorous! I love these shots, and the sets are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She puts so much detail into her sets. I was in awe!

      Delete
  4. You are so beautiful Meagan! I'm so glad you ended up taking the plunge and being the model! It looks like it was an incredible experience and that is so amazing that Destiny is just down the street from Cats Like Us and also that she does everything, hair makeup, sets, etc. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina!!! You made me smile from ear to ear. You are such a sweetie <3

      Delete
  5. Fantastic shots! You always look fabulous but all the sets and everything, it's just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Destiny was a blast to work with :)

      Delete
  6. I knew it was funky that I didn't receive a message will be reviewed message... my message didn't reach you.

    Anyway, I am not at all surprised by the awesomeness of these shots-- you are ridiculously cute and beautiful, so =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo shoot - I love what they did with your hair and makeup. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How incredibly cool! You look (and are!) head turningly stunning!

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^