Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Backyard Adventures: Now with Moai!


Our Moai arrived yesterday! He's small and made of light weight resin, but we still love him all the same. As you can see this section of our yard is now filled with pea pebbles as this is my solution to dealing with weeds as well as our vision to put a water feature in this area. In the process of buying the house, the previous owners wanted to take their Japanese Maple tree, which was planted in this corner and we agreed. I didn't care for the landscaping and plants they had in the back and front yards, so at the end of last summer we dug up a lot of the plants up and gave them away. Derek and I are not gardeners and pretty much have black thumbs (no goth pun intended), yet we want to have some plants that are low maintenance and luckily there are a lot of Hostas around the house!

The rest of the small garden in the backyard will be weeded, some Hostas moved to look more balanced, weed barrier put down and then pea pebble. We've had our eyes on some planters, including this skull planter to have some visual interest our backyard oasis as well as keeping plants neat and organized..if that makes any sense. 


What I really want our backyard to look like. Hahahaha!!!

Back in the garden today, I hope I get a lot accomplished as I can't wait until the weather gets warmer and we can sit in the yard with a Mai Tai and just watch the world go by. Hehe!

Are you working on any gardening projects?

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

11 comments:

  1. I hope the weather picks up so we can all enjoy our backyards this summer! That is a neat Moai. I never knew what they were called. I always called them "statue thingies" so here's to going to bed that much smarter tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's about 61F here and though I'm enjoying the sun (while under shade, haha!), I wish it was a little warmer.

      Yes, they are called Moai from Easter Island :)

      Delete
  2. Was working..phew..finally done. I made a rune garden~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I...am...the mighty Beach House Tiki God! MTV reference from back when the channel was good. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Moai!! Your backyard is going to look super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pebble garden sounds easier to take care of and it could look very cool! You can work up to the huge moai !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that idea, work up to a huge Moai (and scare my neighbors, muahaha!)

      Delete
  6. Love your new Moai! He looks so great there on top the pea pebble! Gardening is hard! I don't blame you for wanting to keep your plants low maintenance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool!!! I like what a cheerful face he has. I'm not a big fan of grime or downright frightening looking moai/tiki figures. This chap seems like he's a happy moai, if ever there was one. :)

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^