Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Goth in the Garden

Landscaping in the backyard is done....for now! My low maintenance rock garden dream has been made a reality. I didn't think I would get it all done yesterday, yet I was motivated and had a good night's sleep. 


I threw this outfit on after showering and washing my hair (it's soooo flat, lol!), to run errands. I have a new favorite clothing combo! The meshy sweater was a thrift find that was floating around for years until I realized the long unflattering style was begging to be cut into a crop top. Voila! 

dress also styled here

The cross print dress was an eBay buy from last year. It's a Forever 21 dress that I bought for $5 off a seller and I like it because, it's a little different as the crosses are a floral print. Add leggings, a necklace, some cowboy boots, a hair bow and I'm out exploring the world-which means grocery shopping. I've been in mostly grimey clothes on my days off, so it's nice to show a nice casual outfit that isn't a work outfit. *Wink*

I hope everyone is having a rad week so far!

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


17 comments:

  1. I like the cropped look for sure and great Ebay dress score---roses and crosses are a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration to finish my garden/landscape projects for this year! Also need to find a sheer sweater to throw over summer dresses, like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! Definitely the right time of the year to get it done! I found another sheer sweater while thrifting, soon to be snipped snipped! Hahaha!

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks good to me! The garden is great, attractive and low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting long and I like to tease it, but sometimes I just have to leave it alone. Hahaha! Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Very cool styling! Great reminder that tops don't per se have to stay the length they were initially created in. We often think of hemming skirts, pants and dresses, but not as frequently of doing so with shirts, yet they take to it just as well, so why not! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Same with skirts and/or dress hems. I've been hacking away at pieces to make them more fluid in my wardrobe.

      Delete
  5. Love your backyard! The pebble rocks and skeleton flamingo look amazing together! That is awesome about finding that floral cross printed dress on ebay and about making that sweater new again by cropping it to a new length! I love the way you put things together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^