Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, May 5, 2016

A Touch of Pizza

top styled here and here.

Hello friends! Happy Thursday and Cinco de Mayo! Yesterday's work outfit was a simple one, lightweight sweater top, cotton skirt and Mary Janes. Simple, comfortable and work appropriate. Miss Frilly Frenchie commented on my last outfit blog about not looking 'over the top goth' for work and the dress code at my work being pretty cool, which it is! Since I work at a retro clothing store (Cats Like Us), my clothing choices do reflect the style of the store. I like retro fashion silhouette's, so I blend my kitschy goth style with the silhouette's I enjoy. In turn, a lot of the brands we carry (Sourpuss Clothing, Hell Bunny, Voodoo Vixen, etc.) are what I wear to work.


Wearing; checker top (Voodoo Vixen), button front skirt (eShakti), Mary Janes (vintage Dr. Martens), checker earrings (80s vintage from Julie Ann), enamel pizza pin (Sourpuss Clothing), ant bracelet (souvenir from Dali Museum).


I added the pizza pin as I wanted a 'touch of red' and the little pepperoni's were perfect! It's also just fun to add a touch of pizza to any ensemble. Mmmmmm, pizza! My brooch collection has been growing as it's an inexpensive (and fun!) way to add some fun and diversity to my outfits. We also carry a lot of brooches at work and it inspires people to purchase our brooches and gives them ideas on how to style them.


Have a wonderful day my dear friends, until next time!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

14 comments:

  1. I love that shirt. Did you dye your hair lighter? It looks AMAZING by the way! This is a really nice outfit. Like always, you inspire me! Great post, Meagan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I washed it, lol! It may be the outdoor lighting. Thank you for your lovely compliment 😉

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit! And love the brooch you added to it! The checkers and the pizza go perfect together! Mmmmm pizza! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend Jodee remarked that the checkers reminded get of a table cloth, so it's like pizza palour chic! Lol!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. #sorrynotsorry Lol just kidding. Wait, pizza ain't no joke! Mmmmmm.

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the pizza everything. Who decided we need pizza accessories? That person is either hungry or a genius (or both!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Pizza is the best of the best of the best when it comes to food (in my books at least). What a smile inducingly fun pin and great place to attach it to a top.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Pizza is my weakness, always and forever. Hehehe!

      Delete
  6. Ah now I get why you can dress alternative at work! It must be a dream work for people into goth/retro/rockabilly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^