Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Stripes and a Shrunken Head Skirt


Last week's theme of work outfits sorta just happened to have two shrunken head garments worn in the same week. With my mind set of 'wear everything', I pulled out this (old) skirt by Mode Merr that Derek gifted to me after wearing it for a photo shoot.

photo by Jennifer Link Kieffer 2009

Jennifer had some clothing left over from a shoot that we did together (I was the stylist), so I got step in front of the camera for a little fun. This also was gifted to Derek in a frame, which (I think ) still hangs in his tattoo studio at work.


I'm wearing; black and white stripe shirt (thrift), shrunken head pencil skirt (Mode Merr), vinyl belt (from Julie Ann), buckle creepers (TUK Shoes), filigree bat necklace (?), black spike earrings (etsy) and green enamel bat hair clip (Sourpuss Clothing).


I don't know I really shy away from wearing fitted skirts....oh wait, it's because I ripped the back slit while getting out of my car. ARGH!!! Not the first skirt I've ripped and I'm sure it won't be the last. D'oh!

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

10 comments:

  1. I like the small touches of green. Adds a nice pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous outfit! Lime green has grown on me in spades in the last year, so I'm all the more drawn to the wonderful pops of it here. Love the super cute + pretty bat necklace, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I realize that I do love lime green and it doesn't have to be segregated to my Tiki wardrobe. Hehehehe ;)

      Delete
  3. Ohh such a lovely skirt! Sorry about the ripping. :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, thank you! I just gotta get out the needle and thread.

      Delete
  4. That is a nice outfit. I really like how you styled your hair and am fond of your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I love when an old item of clothing can be resurrected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! The top looks all kinds of AMAZING on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^