Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Binge Watching RuPaul's Drag Race


This outfit was definitely inspired by Derek and I binge watching RuPaul's Drag Race. I was feeling fierce, hunty! We started watching the show when it first aired in 2010 and got really into it, but my interest faded around season 3 (even though I love Sharon Needles!), which I think was due to whatever was happening in my world at that time.


I really love the message that RuPaul spreads as well as the other queens, "If you can't love yourself, how the hell are you gonna love somebody else!". Very true Mama Ru, very true. 

Wearing; peplum jacket with faux leopard fur collar (thrift), bone hoop earrings (Martha Rotten, etsy), leopard cropped pants (Sourpuss Clothing), silver spiked bracelets (???), tall boots (Madden Girl, 6pm.com)


We've been staying home a lot and getting good use out of our Hulu and Netflix accounts. We've been picking one thing to do on the weekend and the rest of the time has been spent doing household projects....like putting bats on the wall. Hahaha!


I opted to leave the walls of my sewing studio blue as it's painted really well and I just wanted to go ahead and get the room together. My materials have been living in boxes for well over a year and I just wanted to get organized! So, Derek helped me to build a cutting table out of ikea desk parts and put up a accordion door that replaced the curtains I had hanging in the doorway. Our upstairs is a converted attic space, so regular doors weren't working for us, as we use the middle room as our master suite. When we had "regular" doors up, they just made the whole upstairs too closed off for our tastes.


Yeah. RuPual's Drag Race and home projects. I can't complain! I'll just Sissy That Walk all over the god damn house!!!!! *Wink*

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

16 comments:

  1. My coworker told me about that show! It sounds awesome. I love your outfit and those bats on your wall are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The show is pretty awesome, I highly recommend!

      Delete
  2. The pale blue wall will be good for outfit photos! Love the bats! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! I was going to paint a pale lilac color over the blue, but said screw it. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Such much leopard print fabulous-ness! Love, love, love!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that collar on the black coat. I might have to add one to a coat now. Please post some pics of your sewing studio once you're ready. I love to see what other sewists are doing with organization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely not the seamstress that you are, but that is a good idea for a blog post!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Forever 21 sometimes makes some decent items, I especially like it when I thrift it and only pay $3. LOL!!!

      Delete
  6. Love the bats and love the outfit! The leopard print on these two items go amazing well together! I know that can be hard to do! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I saw the cropped pants folded in my closet and a light bulb went off in my brain meats. I was pleased how to outfit came together :)

      Delete
  7. Yay, another RuPaul fan :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^