Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Otto's Shrunken Head


Derek and I spent this past weekend visiting with family in New Jersey and celebrating Donald's birthday in New York City. Though our main objective was to attend Donald's birthday party (Saturday evening), we first made a stop at Otto's Shrunken Head for some Tiki delights.


Donald and Derek have been friend's for 15 years, meeting due to Derek thinking he was the singer from Cult of the Psychic Fetus. Though being wrong, it was like they were meant to become friends!


I like this candid shot waiting for the subway.


Otto's front window


I was shocked to see they painted the ladies bathroom! So much cleaner!

I couldn't resist wearing my Shrunken Head skirt by The Oblong Box Shop. I treated myself as soon as I knew they were available. Though the skirt is very cute, I was a tad disappointed with the material, cut and how it looks without a crinoline (I don't like wearing them), BUT the print is amazing! I love shrunken heads! 

Mmmmmm! Hehehe! The cocktails are so good I'm going crossed-eyed!


Visiting the city is always a blast, seeing family and friend's was so nice, we squeezed in some vintage shopping and added some Tiki paraphernalia to the collection. Phew, but I'm happy to be home!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla



14 comments:

  1. That's one dapper hubster you have there, doll. And *kick!* You're in my neck of the woods and don't call? Sheeze. Pfffftttttt ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OUCH!!! Hehehe, I know I know. We were in town for 24 hours, specifically to visit Donald. Next time we'll have to meet up at Otto's! And thank you, Derek is a dapper dapper man ;)

      Delete
    2. Humph! You should plan to come down for the Midnight Monster Hop run by Mike Lewi. :D

      Delete
  2. That's probably my favorite bar in the city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. It's one of my 'happy places'

      Delete
  3. You guys all look fantastic! I want that drink :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol the cocktail pic <3 you seem to have the perfect outfit for every event/day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! Thank you, not always perfect, but it's fun to dress 'in theme' from time to time.

      Delete
  5. I always love seeing your Tiki bar adventures! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^