Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Ruffles and Frills for Friday


I bought this beautiful ruffled H&R London dress quite a few months ago and have been waiting for the right temperature to wear this piece for the first time. If you're not familiar with H&R London, they are an inexpensive brand that sells mostly 50s-inspired dresses, skirts, etc., but also have some lovely darker pieces like this dress. (I love this dress and this one. *Swoons*)  


I own one other H&R London dress and sell them at work, so I know that their quality is okay and the fit can be a bit odd (sizing runs very small, always measure yourself!), yet I took the plunge and ordered the dress. Much to my surprise the dress fits great and is quite comfortable! There was a button in the middle of the bow (which both bow and button were completely off center, haha!), but I removed the button since it didn't suit my tastes. 


The triple row of ruffles at the bottom of the dress does make the dress a bit heavy, but that doesn't stop it from flowing nicely when I walk. Side note-I had to steam the crap out of this dress, especially the ruffles. UGH!


The Banned Apparel shrug is something we ordered in at work and we only got two of them (weird!), so I snatched one up as I love the lace on the back, at the cuffs and the embroidered patches and crosses on the arms. 

Wearing; ruffled dress (brand: H&R London via eBay seller), skeleton cameo shrug (brand: Banned Apparel via Cats Like Us), spider necklace (gift from Julie Ann), polka dot scarf (Sourpuss Clothing), black flats (Target)


It was fun to get dressed in ruffles and frills for work!!! 

Thank you for reading, until next time!




7 comments:

  1. I love that dress it's gorgeous, I'm not really a fan of the fifty's style, however, I love the fitted ball gown style. I'm loving your entire outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people don't like 50s clothing style, but like the silhouette's since they are classic :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous dress! The velvet ones are amazing, too. I love fit and flare style dresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit! I really like H&R. I was super impressed with the quality for the price. :) So much better than a lot of other budget minded repro brands out there. I love the ruffles at the bottom of the skirt. Such a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, my dear!

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^