Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy Autumnal Equinox!


Happy Autumnal Equinox my dear friends! Or to my friends in the Southern Hemisphere, Happy Vernal Equinox! For those that celebrate Mabon, I wish you glad tidings, reflection and wonderful feasting! 


With the temperature reaching 84 degrees, it wasn't exactly Autumn weather, yet I reached in the closet and pulled out an old work horse. This eShakti dress was one of the best purchases I've made and its made its appearance many times on the blog. (Latest appearance here.) Such a versatile piece that fits me perfectly! I love you black dresses....sigh.


I threw on a Sourpuss Clothing scarf that was from last year's Halloween offerings. I love the vintage Halloween cat print, but the yellowish cream colored background didn't thrill me, yet I decided to take a chance and add it into the accessory mix. It works well with a all black outfit and Derek even complimented me on the way the scarf looked in my hair. *Shrugs* I've been taking alot "risks". LOL!


And of course, I can't forget to talk about my jack-o-lantern brooch by Summer Blue Jewelry., the main inspiration and focus of today's outfit.  I don't see this brooch in her shop (I bought it last year), but her shop is chalked full of amazing Halloween goodies. It has been really hard to self control at this time of the year. So. Very. Hard. 

Anywho, thank you for reading and I hope you are well and happy.


20 comments:

  1. The scarf looks totally awesome. I think it works with your hair color. And it's expertly tied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wear head scarves so often that I think I can tie them in my sleep ;)

      Delete
  2. Very cute style of dress it looks very versatile. I share your feelings there so many goodies it hard to resist the tempation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self restraint has become my middle name. Hehehe!

      Delete
  3. I love this dress on you! It's so perfectly you... the cut, the color, the peter pan collar! I love the tie neck too! <3 I love the head scarf too and love the way you wore it. I felt the same way about the color on the scarf so let it pass me by, a decision I have been regretting this year sadly. And I can totally relate to having the self control issues this year with Halloween stuff. So much good stuff this year! <3 On a side note, I know this Etsy shop! :) I just received some earrings from them last week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Her etsy shop is amazing and I have been lusting after all of her adorable Halloween creations. Thank you for the compliments about the dress! I have a few eShakti dresses that are staples, but now when I visit their website I'm just disappointed. =/

      Delete
  4. The scarf is super cute in your hair that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those 50's style flared dresses - on other people, because they don't suit me at all and I look like I'm playing dress up ;) Also, the hair <3
    Glad tidings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The style looks great on everyone since it's a classic style, but I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea ;)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic outfit! Love every element, very much including your Summer Blue Jewelry pumpkin brooch. I keep hoping she'll bring that style back, too, as I missed out on it last year (though do own a number of other pieces from her awesome shop, including an orange pumpkin dangle brooch).

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Yes, I would have loved to see an updated version of the jack-o-lantern....but the season isn't over yet! ;)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a lot that have never made it into a blog post!

      Delete
  8. I'm a Witch of Darkness that loves wearing black clothing!

    You're welcome to stop by my site as well, just click on my name and perhaps I'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^