Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, June 7, 2014

It Just Feels Right


I *finally* hemmed my first eShakti dress purchase that was in the sewing pile. I unfortunately had to take off a lot of fabric seeing as the length of the dress hit me mid-calf which was just way too long for me. I loved the grey panel on the bottom of the dress, but I think I might not have paid attention enough to the description and got a dress that just wasn't hitting me in all the right spots...until now!




I am pretty proud of myself as I got the hem pretty even and straight! Working with jersey knits are not something I look forward to, but with a little patience I have a dress that 'just feels right'. My shirt dress collection is growing and I can't deny that I love it! So comfortable and versatile!

Have you ever modified something that made you very proud?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


14 comments:

  1. That dress looks lovely on you, The new length suits better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dress looked too ackward at the length it was and it being cotton jersey it looked 'lifeless' on me.

      Delete
  2. It really looks lovely on you now and I know how terrible jersey can be. I'm working on a cyber skirt right now and I'm really fighting with the fabric because what I want to achieve is quite complicated and stretchy fabric is just ughh at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I'm such a horrid sewer... I always do a chop shop job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come a long way ;) You can dooo it with practice!

      Delete
  4. I decorated my plain black mei tai baby carrier with a hand-drawn silver web and I'm super pleased with it :) my husband didn't realize I'D done the drawing, he thought it came like that!
    The dress is adorable, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^