Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, June 13, 2014

Black Hibiscus Muumuu


Phew, it's humid out! I didn't let that put a damper on my trip to stock up on some rum and other goodies for the Tiki bar. I was feeling the 'aloha spirit', so I decked myself out in this black vintage 1970s hand painted dress.  


I fell in-love with the dress because...well, it's black. I nabbed it months ago from an etsy seller and I'm so happy I did! The over-size ruffles at the bust makes the dress really fun to wear, but I'm thinking a little nip/tuck might be in order as the straps kept falling down or shifting to reveal my bra straps. I hate strapless bras and avoid them when I can!


I'm hanging out in another little corner of our Tiki room/dining room for a variety in the back drop. I wish our living room had better natural light for photos, but sometimes you just have to make due! *Wink*

What's that black orb?!


It's a vintage swag lamp. Derek and I have a lamp issue, as in we love them a little too much. Hehe!

Ohhh, I think it's time to sample some of that rum I bought.....

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

18 comments:

  1. I love the maxi dress and your tiki corner! Really wishing I had rum rn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, this is gorgeous! Love retro tiki wear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do as well and I'm incorporating more into my summer looks rather than just having it hide away in the closet ;)

      Delete
  3. That dress is an absolute delight...A great find
    *+*+ hic *+*+
    How was the rum?
    ...:)...
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool dress, I love all the ruffles at the bodice! I like the lamp, I used to have a paper lantern over a lightbulb in my room as a kid, I kind of miss it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress! The ruffles are an excellent touch and you have great style. I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only Meagan could find tiki/gothic wear! LOVE it!! I have never seen a black hawaiian muu muu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hehe! I've found a few but the price is always too much than I'm will to part with.

      Delete
  8. that dress looks great on you! I feel better about wearing mostly black in spring summer now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find that the right style and material can may wearing black easier in the summer months ;)

      Delete
  9. I love your muumuu - looks super comfy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^