Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wearing What You Love


I don't wear a ton of vintage and the vintage I do wear are pieces that make my heart sing. When I spotted this barkcloth dress on etsy I think my eyes bugged out of my head, atomic print! I snatched up this piece for $25 to wear for occasions when Tiki garb is required, but I was disappointed when I tried the dress on and it just didn't look right. 


I showed my friend Julie Ann the dress and explained my dilemma and she suggested that I wear it like a jacket. What a great idea and I am over the moon for the colors and the atomic print, I think it's going to be a piece that is going to be worn day-to-day rather than being worn time-to-time.


I feel we all get wrapped up in presenting a "certain look" even though it may be subconscious. Sometimes wearing that one thing that you love rather than hiding it away in the closet for 'specific reasons' is very empowering.

*Wink*

Thank you for stopping by!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


9 comments:

  1. I so totally agree!! If you save something you love to wear only for a "special occasion", you usually end up never wearing it! I now wear the things I love every day, and... I LOVE it!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've been wearing my "special things" and it makes me feel great too! =D I'm also wearing my crazy patterned combo/jewelry/shoes/etc. and it's so liberating!

      Delete
  2. Wow that is a lovely print!! I agree also, wear what you love and what makes you feel good!! and not just for special days but everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress/jacket!!! So hard for me to wear my special things on the regular... I'm so rough on my everyday clothes :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a unique piece! It looks fantastic as a jacket and I would have never guessed that it wasn't meant to be worn exactly like that. I think you are glowing a little in the picture. I know how you feel, I am trying some new things at the moment, and changing it up really feels great, as does finding something that is just 'you'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such a bad habit of not wearing special occasion clothes! It does improve your day drastically. Have to say, I've done the dress-as-a-jacket thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That actually works really well as a jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^