Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Road Trip : Salem, MA

Burying Point Cemetery

Sunday night we got back from a whirlwind road trip to Salem, MA. We've had this trip planned for many months as Derek's cousin was getting married in Boston, MA. We decided to stay in visit Salem since it's a close commute by train to Boston and it was on our list of places to visit.



I decided since we were visiting a place that is a mecca at Halloween time, I just had to wear my LucyFur leggings and vintage Halloween cat hoodie by Sourpuss Clothing. I got a lot of compliments on my leggings and some weird looks too, hehe! Hey, I like to dress in theme when vacationing. *Wink*


Derek the Ripper! 

We had a good time and I have a lot more photos, but I have to admit that I won't be running back to visit Salem anytime soon. It's a neat place, love the feel of the city, yet you don't need a lot of time when visiting. Though I learned a few things I didn't know about the history of Salem and the Witch Trials, we were disappointed that everything seemed to close at 5pm and that all the museums were pretty cheesy, but fun! We mostly enjoyed the small things, like the Gulu-Gulu Cafe, walking around and admiring the houses and the quaint cobblestone streets and running around making our own fun. The occult shops are neat, but after a while you realize they all are pretty much the same, yet we did manage to bring home a lot of neat things, like another bone saw from a neat shop called Five Hands Curiosity Shoppe.


And of course our trips wouldn't be complete without squeezing as many Tiki destinations in as we can find, like visiting the Kowloon Restaurant in Saugus, MA. I ate so much Chinese food this trip annnnnd I really don't like Chinese food, but I can't say no to sampling the tropical libations!

We got to check a few things off our destinations list, but I'm always happy to be home.

Thank you for reading! 
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

16 comments:

  1. Always cool to finally check out a place on the list! A lot of the little tourist town places close early :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true! Salem definitely has the earliest closing times that we've experienced. Still had fun ;)

      Delete
  2. Lucky! I've been wanting to visit Salem... But sadly it takes a bit more planning & saving as I'm over near San Francisco. :-/ Some day....
    I've heard Salem gets a lot more excitement and things going on near Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love San Francisco! I would love to come back!!!!
      Yes, Salem has a lot of offer in terms of excitement around Halloween :)

      Delete
  3. Kowloons!! Otherwise known as the Chinese ski lodge! Glad you guys had fun in Salem. Did you get to visit Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The graveyard looks beautiful, quiet and peaceful! I would love to go to Salem one day, there are so many places in America I need to go, I need money to get there, though, ha ha! It costs so much to travel out of Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to come to Australia, so I feel your pain in the pocket book!

      Delete
  5. I always wanted to visit, but my husband talked me out of it to visit boston instead. "It's pretty much just a suburb" he says. ONE OF THESE DAYS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, I suggest going and you don't need much time there. Everything is very reasonable in terms of food, entertainment and even souvenirs!

      Delete
  6. Last year I kinda wanted to do the Boston/Salem trip myself but could'nt. It's good/bad to know things close at 5pm. Such a ghost-town schedule. :(

    I love your outfit! Those leggings are so cute :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It doesn't have to be a very long trip, but it's definitely something to see at least once.

      Delete
  7. The cemetery looks very interesting a place I'd like to visit, thanks for the heads up about Salem it's self, when I do get there it'll just be a day trip...

    Love the whole out fit. Apparently sourpuss is one of my daughter's favourite shops on line
    ...:)...
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally fell in love with your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hoodie is over a a favorite lace dress :)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^