Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Hard to See Purple Velvet Dress


After reviewing the photos, I realized that you can't tell that this dress is dark purple, haha! It makes sense as Derek didn't realize it was purple until he saw the dress in direct light and exclaimed, "Wow, it's purple!". It's a sleeveless stretch velvet dress that I picked up at a thrift store for a few bucks. You know, the ones I used to wear in the 90s that's (now) considered retro. So weird!


Pretty simple outfit for a warm day, which made me happy that I didn't have to sport five layers of clothing. The Spring Equinox is eight days away and I'm looking forward to packing away all the heavy sweaters and pulling out my cotton dresses and wearing my vests. Positive warm thoughts!


Shoe cam!

In other randomness, I've had "Barbarism Begins At Home" stuck in my head ever since last Friday's The Cure vs. The Smiths dance party. It's one of my favorite Smiths songs played at one of my favorite dance nights of the year.....but you know I love The Cure more. 



Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So lovely! I managed to find an old long velvet dress the other day too, just need to take it in a bit. I miss those 90s clothes! None of my old ones would fit me anymore, I was too young back then!

    Love the whole look! I hate when clothes' colours don't show up in pictures! I can just see the colour in the last one and it looks amaaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit! I have that vest in black :)

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^