Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, March 14, 2014

Black Netted Skirt


I'm pretty lucky that I have awesome friends who not only love clothes, but love to give me their clothing. (Thanks Julie Ann!) This especially makes me happy since I'm having a no buy clothing/shoes March, so I did some shopping in my closet. I decided to do some wardrobe brainstorming during a snowstorm...heyyyy, it's March and it was just 45 degrees on Tuesday. Ugh.

Yeah, I'm complaining about the weather again. I'm over it, I put up the white flag. Meh's all around.


I wanted to dress down this long black netted skirt (from Julie Ann) by Free People, so I paired it with my new Christian Death t-shirt (made by my friend Jason) and I added a stretch belt to cover the drawstring on the skirt. I think it works and I like the silhouette, but the belt kept sliding around which got to be quite annoying.

lip color : Celebrate by NYX Cosmetics

Do you ever have closet brainstorming sessions?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

18 comments:

  1. Messing around in my own closet is one of my favorite past times! Your friend really hooked it up with that skirt, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, she is generous with her hand-ME-downs. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love how you wore your maxi skirt, I really want a high waisted one too but dont own a waist belt to keep it in place >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! That's all I have to say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! Free People! I love them but can't afford their stuff first hand! I had the most amazing secondhand skirt by them once but got rid of it like an idiot!

    I love fashion brainstorming! I can't wait for it to get less hot so I can do more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have nice clothing, I was surprised when I looked at the tag :)

      Delete
  5. You look great! Lovely skirt!

    X dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, that skirts by Free People? They're such an expensive brand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I definitely like the skirt; a good maxi is so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit!
    When I wear an elastic belt over something and it slips around I usually safety pin it in place from the back, but mine has lace overlay so it doesn't show too much, so I'm not sure if that would work with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, just wow! Fantastic outfit, now I want a high waisted maxi skirt for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^