Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Style Tips From the 80s


I've been continuing my quest to shop my closet and style some pieces I don't wear, like this flowy thrifted skirt. The elastic band doesn't excite me, but the material, hemline and the flow of the skirt has made me keep this in my closet. 


An idea popped into my head to layer a tunic top over the skirt, add a belt and tie a scarf around my waist. I'm taking some style inspiration from 80s band like; Adam Ant and the Ants, Duran Duran and Siouxsie Sioux, and infusing them into outfits.



I picked up a few Rimmel 'Show Off' Lip Lacquers to try and they are now my new favorite 'lip goo' as I'm sort of a lip gloss junkie. The lacquers are moisturizing and unlike lip gloss alone, these are more pigmented and have decent staying power. I got Light Year (wearing in photo) and Stargazer, so I'm interested in trying some of other shades!

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

7 comments:

  1. You look great! I love the scarf around the waist, very 80s! You definitely give the bands a run for their money style-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog recently and I have to say your style is awesome!

    Suski
    desperatehell.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been reading your blog for a few years now and you've got great style yourself :)

      Delete
  3. i love the sash belt idea! I'm so trying that. I have a million scarves I don't know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! And I'm a lip gloss junkie, too! I've gotten rid of almost all my lipsticks in favor of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^