Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, September 27, 2013

Zeeeeebra!


I always show Derek my thrift store purchases and when it came to me showing him a leopard tank top I purchased, it started a conversation about animal prints. He and I both agreed that zebra print is pretty rad and not as common to find as leopard print, so it reminded me of this little cotton zebra skirt that was tucked away in a clothing bin. Do you like animal prints?


I'm rockin' a new black blazer I purchased over the weekend from Target. Though I own many jackets, I specifically wanted this type of stretch cotton/poly blend blazer to fill my need for something comfortable and easy-to-wear for everyday. I stood in the store contemplating the price tag of $35, as paying full retail price always stops me in my tracks (at first), but the realization that it's something that I will wear a lot made me snatch it up. I am so very happy I bought this blazer, so much so I'm thinking of buying a second one!


The rest of my outfit is pretty basic; t-shirt, leggings, cotton skirt and my Docs. What's on my blazer? It's a Scottish grouse foot pin I found at one of my local flea markets for $5. It's a symbol of luck and though I'm Irish and not Scottish, I can't say no to good luck. *Wink*

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

14 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about animal prints ... I LOVE 'EM! The more outrageous and bold the better. I actually found yards and yards of delicious pink leopard-printed velvet that I stashed away for a rainy day. I have plans. BIG PLANS.

    You, my friend, look utterly adorable. Nothing beats a stretchy blazer for every day wear and tear. I swear by them for teaching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh the fabric sounds WONDERFUL! I picked up some orange and black zebra fabric at Joann's for back patches, looking forward to using it ;)

      Thank you love. I see the power of the stretchy blazer and I like it!

      Delete
  2. I LIKE the zebra skirt very much! In fact, the whole outfit is great, and you look wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a really bold pair of zebra skinny jeans and they are the hardest pants for me to style. your skirt is nice and doesn't seem to have the same problem as my pants... I think because the stripes are thinner and it's a miniskirt, so physically less in-your-face fabric. also, it's so adorable that you and your boy have clothing chats..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good point about the skirt. Give the pants a try with a tunic or long jacket? Maybe then they will be more of an accent to the look than the main focus? Try tucking them into a black pair of boots?

      Delete
  4. You found a grouse foot pin for $5! Lucky score!!

    What 1666x30 said about the clothing chats - that's sweet! I get rolled eyes if I even ask something as innocent as, “Does this look stupid on someone my age?”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is a fashionable man who let's me gab on about fashion ;) He likes to shop more than me!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm a new reader (for a few weeks now, eep!) and I think you are just so adorable! I love your outfits and your whole attitude. - Hehe, I am partial to the leopard print I think because, as another commenter said, zebra can be hard to style. You pull it off awesomely! - Totally feel you about the jacket too. I have plenty of perfectly good jackets (and I live in Florida, USA where it's hella HOT 75% of the year) but I'm looking for the PERFECT black denim or cotton jacket because I want to decorate it and wear it daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!!!! Thank you for reading =D
      I love Tripp moto style jackets, but thrift store shopping may be a good option as well. Good luck!!

      Delete
  6. That zebra print is lovely! It's not as bold as those you usually see. I'm more fond of zebra than leopard print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love zebra print. That reminds me, I have a skirt very similar to this one sitting in the back of my closet somewhere.....I need to dig that baby out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^