Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me"


I snapped these photos before work on Friday. I'm standing in front of my vanity and all the chaos surrounding it, please pardon my mess as I have a lot of things to hang up. So. many. things.

Please note red mug, the most important part of the beauty routine is coffee.

The dress was a thrift store buy for $3 and I couldn't resist the lip print even though I'm not very partial to pink. Though it's strapless, I wore a regular bra and a shrug to cover up the straps, I actually think the bra straps didn't look too odd. I'm still on the fence about the dress, I had to keep pulling it up while at work and it's so darn short! Perhaps this dress needs to be wore over leggings and with a button front cardigan, I won't give up on the dress just yet as I see the potential.


I haven't been too lively over here, my allergies/sinuses are kicking me in the bum. In fact, a lot of people around these parts have been suffering and it's a real bummer. My eyes are so swollen and itchy that I'm not even going to attempt to wear any eyeliner or excessive makeup for that matter. Blah! Usually I can function pretty normally when my allergies hit hard, but I'm feeling a little defeated. Meh! 

Thank you for reading!
Meh-y and Blah-y,
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

8 comments:

  1. You look amazing in the dress! Perhaps you could sew some strips of black ribbon or material on as shoulder straps to keep it up, and a black gathered ruffle on the bottom to make it longer? Or wear it over a longer tulle petticoat in pink or acid green that sticks out the bottom of the skirt?

    Hayfever has been bad around here, my boyfriend and I have both had it. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas!!!! I think I definitely need to sew some straps on, thank you!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same as Laura, that dress looks as though it could rock a ribbon or strip of fabric or tulle peeking out to make it look longer!

    I was looking for something on Etsy and saw this necklace and thought of you: http://www.etsy.com/listing/152940154/skulls-bone-bib-necklace-hollowen-skull?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=statement+necklace+crystal&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=19&ga_search_type=all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That necklace is beautiful! Big over the top, yes please ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the dress on you! And the bra straps look fine, I thought they were part of it at first. I found a fun black/fuschia strapless dress with skulls-and-crossbones printed on it at a thrift store a few weeks ago, and I bought some black remnant material to make straps for it. I don't like that "falling off" feeling, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the dress sounds so cute! I think straps are definitely in order ;) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I hadn't even realized those were bra straps, I thought they were part of the dress XD for some reason, I think it looks better with a shrug on.
    You were so lucky getting it for $3, it's beautiful *_*! And it looks very good on you.
    I think maybe it should be worn with leggings at work (depends on how acceptant your boss is :D) but outside of work it should be worn with bare legs, so that it stands up as much as it can :D
    I hope you'll be better soon; I don't know what it's like, having allergies, but it sounds like it's extremely annoying :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so cute! Maybe you could sew on straps on the dress to keep it in place. I thought it was the dress straps on the photo, until you explained it was the bras :). I think it's definitely a keep.
    Lucky you who have a vanity desk!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^