Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Post Of The New Year & Sophistique Noir's Monthly Theme : NYE, Tiki Style


Officially the first post of 2013! Happy New Year everyone, I hope you are all safe and well! Derek and I rang in the new year with our Tiki group, and decked ourselves up in some tacky garb (wasn't that one of my goals!?). 


I'm wearing a 60s vintage robe that I doubled as my 'dress' for the evening, along with my turban and gold accents. It's hard to tell, but I'm wearing bronze lipstick by M.A.C.

Those are our new shrunken head mugs!

So *cheers* to the first post of 2013 and hoping to remember to write 2013.

Thanks for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


13 comments:

  1. Awesome outfits! Always great to see a fez! I like turbans, but they don't go with my face shape. I had several but I got rid of them as they didn't look good on me. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Derek has quite a collection of Fez's. We love hats!

      Delete
  2. Did you say "tiki" or "tacky"? ;) I love the glamorous hand-on-hip pose. :D Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am BOTH! Muahaaha!!! ;) Happy New Year Miss Bane!

      Delete
  3. LOVE the last photo! LOL! I love people who don't take themselves too seriously and know how to have fun! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! That would definitely be us, thank you!

      Delete
  4. OH. MY. GODDESS. You guys RAWK SO HARD!!! hehehe ... aw, I love it! Happy New Year sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! ;)Happy New Year to you and Ed!

      Delete
  5. One can never have too much of leopard prints :D Awesome! And I like the turban :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tiki room and your 50's curtains are AWESOME!!You are a gorgeous couple and I love your costumes :) Here's another strange hats collector :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made the curtains from vintage barkcloth, don't look too close! Hahahah! Oh yes, love hats! *Cheers!*

      Delete
  7. Your outfits march so well, I though you must have made them! You look fabulous even when trying to be tacky. ;) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^