Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dreary Day In My New Coat


Do you ever have one of those days that nothing can seems to make you happy? You're just frustrated, angst-ridden and just want everyone and everything to get out of your way? Well, that was me Monday. Poor Derek had to deal with the downer that was me, but he knows I'm usually my chipper -singing songs, making jokes and laughing- 90% of the days. I also believe the weather was totally matching my mood.....dreary.

"Oh smile", said Derek
Even as I'm writing this I'm laughing at myself, cheer up buttercup!

My black wool jacket's zipper broke (last week) and it's currently at the tailor getting replaced, so I decided that wearing my vintage faux fur 'special occasion' coat wasn't going to cut it and ran to Target. I saw this grey coat on the clearance rack and didn't think too much of it. The coat has 3/4 sleeves with attached black ribbed bits seemed odd to me, but I threw it in the pile to try-on. Well, as you can see I picked the coat! I think it has a really cute 60s vibe going on, which I totally dig. Best part, I got the jacket for $35 when the original price was $70. Woooo! I love a good bargain and now I'll have two winter coats to love.

Oh, and I did eventually 'cheer up', Derek insisted we buy some junk food to help my mood. Hahaha! I'm usually so "good" when we go food shopping, but this time I indulged in a few goodies. Mmmmmm snacks!

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

Thanks for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


8 comments:

  1. I was feeling exactly the same way on saturday - it was a pretty good day for the most part, but I woke up feeling miserable and it just got worse. Thankfully, by sunday I was mostly back to normal!

    I really just have to take my mind off it when I'm in a bad mood, and do things like extensive online window shopping; other than that, it's just holing myself away so I don't explode at anyone. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're feeling better! I also hide away and online window shop, it calms me ;)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous coat! :) Looks warm and nice for cold January days!
    When I am down I usually hug my little dog. Or shop on Ebay. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I love the idea of you hugging your doggie!

      Delete
  3. Ooh that's a cute coat! Great bargain. I'm still looking for a new winter coat (mine is just getting old, fading and fraying)!

    I'm having that kind of day today - I think I'm just tired though so I'll go to bed early, curl up with Ash and watch Buffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you got out of your 'meh' mood with the lovely evening you had planned ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh honey, I feel your dreariness! ;) What an awesome bargain and you know how much I love a good sale. :) I love the collar and 3/4 sleeves, very early 60s retro.

    Cheering up in the winter has been almost impossible ... until I got my Verilux "HappyLight." As I said on my recent blog post, it really works. When I'm in a bad mood usually kitty or puppy hugs will snap me out of it. Or a trip to the museum or hiking in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love to read about your bargains too, I know you feel a sense of accomplishment!

      I'm thinking about one of those lights as well, I think it will do me some good as well! <3

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^