Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Years Eve!

Derek Art (one of my favorite artists)

I hope everyone has something fun planned with the special people in their lives or at least get to enjoy yourself this evening! I can't believe it's going to be 2013, I remember celebrating when it was going to be 2000! Yet I gotta ask, Where are all the flying cars? The movies and books lied to us! Hehe!

Making New Year's resolutions seems to be on a lot of people's minds, but to be honest I don't believe in them, yet making goals is something I can get behind. So here are mine:

-Start sewing clothing for myself, baby doll dresses and simple skirts. I know I can do it, but I've been scared since a sewing meltdown I had over ten years ago. Eeeeek! It involved cutting out a pattern, then my  machine breaking and I went into a fit of rage. Yeah.....I'm a lot calmer of  person now.

-Make a custom bar for the Tiki room and rearrange EVERYTHING. I want to be able to display all our Tiki mugs (I'm panicking just thinking about it). We're obsessed and it needs to more organized.

-Become more awesome and tacky as I want a 60s gold lam'e dress. (I had to come up with something else, I like things in 3's)

Not too bad, huh? What are your personal goals this year?

Now I will leave you with some fun photos with friends from this past year, 2012........

Michigan madness with Sarah

NYC fun at Otto's Shrunken Head

Derek and I-just a regular day

Miss Alyssa and I interpretive dancing at Vertex

Lovely ladies at Radiation

Goth "festival" (definitely created a lot of memories!)

Thank you for reading!!!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I enjoy reading your blog and thought I would offer my sewing knowledge and experience to you, if you like/need it. I know how frustrating and difficult sewing can be when you're a beginner so if you want any help or advice, feel free to email me. I have been sewing for about 10 years now and I have worked in the fashion industry etc. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thank you so much for the offer, that is very kind of you =D
      Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  2. Does laying on the couch eating as much junk food as possible before the diet starts tomorrow count as a fun New Year's Eve? I think so!

    Have a great New Year, Meagan! I can hardly wait to see the new Tiki Room and the sewing projects!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you an great night and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^