Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, January 18, 2013

80s Dress And New Shoes



My crazy shoes came in the mail this week and I ripped open the box and knew I loved them before I even put them on. They are ridiculous, it makes me happy.


The platform is weird, plastic and light weight, I've never had a platform shoe quite like these. This style is definitely a Jeffrey Campbell knock-off and put together as such, but I don't plan on wearing them everyday or running a marathon in them. Could you imagine me running in these? Hahaha! The only con I can say about the shoes is that the bottoms are extremely slippery, I'll have to do something about that.


I paired the dress with one of my newest thrift store finds, an 80s dress sack for $5. I'm totally in love. I love 80s fashion, but I usually resist some of the more tackier pieces, but this dress appeals to me. When I look for vintage from the 80s I look for; black & white, geometric prints, and items that don't look too dated. 


And I couldn't resist tying a scarf in my hair and making a big bow, I think I'm ready to go dancing at an 80s night! Oh, that sounds like fun!

Do you like to wear vintage?

Thanks for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

15 comments:

  1. Vintage from the 80s? *faint* Does that mean I'm vintage from ... the 70s? oi. Good grief -- and now I'm going to sound like my Mom -- I remember that dress. I didn't own it, but someone I knew did! :) And those shoes are AWESOME!!! You look so cute, darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I know, I know, it sounds RIDICULOUS to say 80s vintage....but it is! 90s are now considered vintage, THE 90s! I see girls wearing things and say the same thing-I had that dress or I know someone who wore that. ACK!
      But at least we know that in the 80s we didn't wear leg warmers and neon, which is what people will wear to 80s parties. Okay, I may have worn some legwarmers......

      Delete
  2. I love that dress! Really suits you! Everyone needs at least one pair of totally impractical shoes right?! Those are really awesome and that's all that matters =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY ADORABLE DRESS, BATMAN! I love it! What a score. Super cute, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I pulled it off the rack and giggled out loud, I'm totally a dork. LOL!

      Delete
  4. These shoes look great on you, especially w/the dress. I like how the pointed toe makes them look less like flats. Well, that's how they look to me, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the pointed toe give the platform a really nice shape. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. On some subconscious level, that dress makes me think “Bride of Frankenstein” ... too cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, those shoes are definitely awesome! I love dresses that are black down one side, white down the other, I want to make one in my sewing future.

    I nominated you for an inspiring blogger award: http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/inspiring-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress! I enjoy 80's dresses a lot, I have a super ugly sweater dress from the 80's with primary coloured circles on it. I definitely get some "looks" when I wear it but I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^