Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Feelin' Cute and Some New Boots



Back in the day my club looks were quite cute and I was wearing Gothic Lolita-esque pieces well before I even knew that the culture and style existed. I used to hate when people called me cute all the time, as it often felt condescending and made me feel like being 'frilly and ruffley' was looked at as being weak. Like someone was just patting me on the head. Yeah, I was just being an angst-ridden 20 something, who didn't quite realize how pro-woman I was and who needed to channel that energy elsewhere....and stop being so angry. Hahaha!


I'm okay with the word 'cute' and I often feel cute when I am wearing an outfit like I have on. I've excepted the fact that ruffles and frills and lace will be described by most people as cute, heck I use the word myself! Hehehe!


Even my new-to-me boots have a little ruffle on them, which are called kilties. I've been looking to get myself a pair of boots of vintage roper (or lacers, as I've seen them named) style boots for years. They were very popular in the 80s and 90s and are actually a Western style of boot, and a lot of times they are referred to as "Granny Boots".



Wearing; bat hair bow (gift from Danielle and Mike), ribbon tie (very old, eBay), white dress skirt (from Julie Ann), ruffle dress (H&R London, eBay), rib cage sweater (old, Too Fast), roper boots (vintage, etsy)



I've learned over the years that it's just clothes and there will be days when I feel 'cute', 'strong', 'goofy', etc. and dressing to reflect those moods are OKAY! Life is too short to restrain yourself or get upset over the mundane, especially when we need to save our strength for the changing world around us.

Thank you for reading, until next time!!!


13 comments:

  1. I don't dress-up myself but when I see someone like you who makes a real effort, my heart skips a beat and it makes my day a little brighter. I appreciate that you dress-up for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! Let's say you're creepy cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, this outfit is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like English riding boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOOO, I'm loving this outfit for some reason I can only think of Gothic version of Mary Poppins. I absolutely love that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is adorable. And it's so true! How you dress today doesn't dictate how you must dress tomorrow. It's nice to grow up and know you can wear what you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totes adorbs. I love your boots and always wondered what that fringy stuff was called!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have these same boots as my everyday pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I see your outfits, I often think "cute," but I always think of you as a wonderfully unique, fearless woman. So I'd say your cuteness in no way diminishes your strength. :)

    Awesome boots! I absolutely love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look and the boots, really cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the feeling exactly and yes... that was the 20s for me as well! So right you are that life is too short to restrain yourself or get upset over the mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look. I have a Lolita style dress but there's a fine line between cute and 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane' when you get to my age and last time I tried it on I realised I was on the wrong side of that line lol You look brilliant...and I love that cardigan so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^