Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, January 12, 2017

80s does 40s: Animal Instincts



I had originally picked up this dress while thrifting to sell in my etsy shop, but out of sheer curiosity I tried it on when I got home and needless to say I decided to keep it. I loved the way the dress fits, it's a lovely 80s does 40s wiggle style dress that is made out of the softest knit I've ever worn.



And it's incredibly figure flattering. I love, love, looooove the slight ruching that is at the waist and sweeps to one side. Me-OW! I'm not quite sure what color the background is as sometimes it looks gray and sometimes it looks bluish, so I'm going to say it's a bluish gray with a black animal pattern all over. Which animal does it look like to you? I can't seem to figure that one out. Hahaha, oh 80s fashion!



Wearing; sweater, dress, boots, beret (all vintage), rhinestone spider brooch (I wore on my wedding dress), earrings (The Pumpking Coven)



I'm going to try my darnest to wear my 80s dresses this winter. I have a few lovely pieces that need to get worn and I hope to feature them here. I have a lot of fun wearing vintage and adding my own personal spins and touches. *Wink*

Thank you for reading, until next time!

12 comments:

  1. The dress looks like it's a mix of tiger and cheetah or leopard print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a perfect fit! You look fantastic.

    As to which animal it looks like... maybe stylized leopard mixed with rock 'n roll zebra? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Yes, hahaha! I love that description. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the whole outfit! Perfect 80s kitsch that still looks stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a perfect fit! I don't wear vintage styles a lot, but I love them on other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a large soft spot for vintage, especially the 80s!!! ;)

      Delete
  5. Neat dress! I enjoy the zeopard (zebra + leopard?) print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one amazing dress on you! So figure flattering <3 Maybe the print is snow leopard? Meow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^