Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, October 10, 2016

Halloween Art Show


Derek had a painting in a Halloween themed art show at our friend's shop, 125 Art Collective, which was Friday evening. Naturally, Derek had to wear the jack-o-lantern suit that we got him this year. Our first trip the Spirit store (a pop up Halloween store chain that is owned by Spencer Gifts) came away with this suit and another suit that has spider webs all over it, because I encourage him to be ridiculous....always.


I did a quick change from my work clothes and slipped on this puff sleeve hi-low dress. Though I wasn't super Halloweenie, I felt very elegant and edgy in this outfit. I love the comfort and the drama of the dress and felt like I didn't need to accessorize too much, as the dress sorta speaks for itself. Oh yeah, you can't see my awesome shoes due to lighting, I will have to chat about those later.


Wearing; dress (via eBay), bat purse (Iron Fist, gift from Derek), spider web tights (Leg Avenue), shoes (gift from Michelle), bone hoop earrings (Martha Rotten), Siouxsie eyes pin (Last Craft)


We had a great evening, looked at a lot of great art and chatted with a lot of awesome people. I am eternally grateful that Buffalo embraces all sorts of art and so many talented people are involved and participating and supporting each other. 

Thank you for reading, until next time!





9 comments:

  1. Wow, I think your Derik could give Jack Skellington some competition for the title of pumpkin king.

    You both look fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! What is a wonderful compliment that I will pass on to him. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely one of my favorite dresses on you, yet! Stunning! An immediately elegant piece once it's put on.
    And on the Derek suit note - I have been inspired to copy that and buy either the skeleton one or the spiderweb suit. And why not? Over-the-top suits are just the ticket to make some of my more, shall we say, conservative office co-workers confirm for themselves once and for all that I am insane. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doooo it!!!! I would never discourage you in anyway from wearing a non-traditional suit. ;)

      Delete
  3. That's awesome that Derek had a painting in the art show! And I love that he wore a Halloween suit to the event. That's interesting about the Spirit store! I didn't know it was owned by Spencer's. I love the Halloween store! Love your outfit as well Meagan. That neck tie is so elegant and the whole outfit looks great with that bat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commented on the wrong post - meant to say here that Derek's painting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress! I need this in my life.
    *goes on eBay to search for something similar*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a great dress! Those are some pretty awesome shoes that your husband has on there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^