Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Winter Weather Advisory


There *was* snow on the ground yesterday, but it disappeared by the time Derek and I left to run some errands. Today is a different story, snow on the ground and lots of areas in the Southtown's of Buffalo got dumped on! Winter is here. Dun dun dunnnnn!


Since I live in a winter wonderland, I need a good coat. Though there are many that live in my closet, I was looking for a nice black coat to replace my black moto style coat that has a broken zipper (I've taken the coat to a few tailor's that won't replace the zipper or tell me there is nothing wrong with it...there is) Rant alert: Why do coats that are thin as paper with no lining and are made of crap polyester cost an average of $100?! Bah! I need to be warm! 

I turned to searching at my favorite thrift store and scored this beautiful vintage wool and fully lined coat for $14. I had the coat dry cleaned for $11, switched out a broken button and Voila! Add a soft chenille scarf (handmade gift from my sister-in-law) and a thrifted wool beret with my isotoner gloves and I'm ready for this winter thing. 

Bah humbug. This is when I start to hide in the Tiki room and pretend on I'm in a tropical paradise.

XOXO-Meagan Kyla


5 comments:

  1. Great find with the coat! I hope it will keep you warm all winter. I am not a friend of cold :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really nice coat. It snowed here and its staying. I woke up to ice this morning :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great coat and probably constructed a lot better than anything you could buy new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous. that is the coat I always wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture confused me as it looks a lot like an old pic of one of my local friends.

    It is true, most coats are not warm, although I would have thought you would have more warm coats over there where it actually gets cold! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^