Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Vampire Sweater, Stripes and Snowvember


Buffalo's had some severe winter weather and it's safe to say that it is a natural disaster. I feel so helpless as we live on the northern side of the city and we've had next-to-no snow, while about 15 minutes away friend's of mine have been trapped in over 6 feet of snow! There have been driving bans, the highways have been closed and there is no way to get to them to try and help them dig out or get food and supplies to them. Luckily I live in the 'City of Good Neighbors' and people are doing their best to help whomever needs assistance. This truly is a nightmare.

                       

To show you how crazy the ban of lake effect snow was, this a time lapse video. The sky is just dumping snow.


For us in the north towns, it's been business as usual while we watch the news and get updates from friends and family.


I'm off to work shortly, but keeping my friends in my thoughts as the temperatures are rising and the snow will start to melt. Flooding is a major concern along with roofs collapsing. Ugh! I have lived in Buffalo my whole life and have been through many blizzards, but this is the worst I've ever seen!!!!

I know doing an outfit post is silly while I'm talking about this disaster, but my friend Barb remarked that she is enjoying my posts as she's dealing with this mess. So "hello!" to Barb and I hope she didn't run out of chocolate!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

12 comments:

  1. My city suffers from horrible blizzards almost every year, but we haven't been hit just yet. I'm not looking forward it... I hope you stay warm and safe amidst the winter winds.

    Also, your outfit is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your winter is mild this year!!!

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is great! I love the Day of the Dead type statues behind you and the little skull, what type of animal is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my husband's 'Dead Mary' statues that he molded and painted :) The skull is -what we believe- a Steinbok.

      Delete
  3. I love your outfit. Sorry to hear about all that snow

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cute sweater on you. I'm in Guelph, Canada and we did not get as much snow as Buffalo. It must have been the lake effect snow? It's strange how you are so close and yet narrowly missed the heavy snow. I feel bad for all those people that had to dig their way out of their front door! We pass through that area on our way to Cleveland every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so crazy! It was definitely lake effect snow! Cleveland is an awesome town, I love it there with the great vintage shops!

      Delete
  5. Wow all that snow sounds crazy! That is nice to know that there are good neighbors out there trying to help where they can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eventhough we're not covered in snow in Virginia, I enjoy your outfit posts too. My Northern friends seem to have the best attitudes about winter weather and endurance. Positive safe vibes sent that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! Please be careful!! I heard the weather is supposed to get even crazier there. I love this look so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its been a while since I dont comment aroud the blogosphere (midterms finals do that...), I come back to this magical post. I've never seen/touched snow... :-( Here I am, just 1 week before December in the Caribbean and I cant even wear a cardigan yet. Not fun. At least rain has kept the heat at bay. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^